Thread: My child came out as trans

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My child came out as trans

A month ago our daughter, still 11 at the time, told us she wants to be a boy.
    She wants we refer to her as a boy, and call her with the male name she's given herself, and use male pronouns. Which most of her peers outside our household apparently do already.
    I understand this is not something we can change or make go away. So be it.

Of course one could say "you were born without Y chromosome so you'll never be male, no matter what the legal, the society, the medical, the name, the pronoun, the clothes and the appearance, etc." And tough this is true I fear it is also useless at best and most likely very harmful.

She suffers from depression. My take is this is probably linked to us still struggling to accept her being trans.
    We also think she is being bullied at school. Tough she refuses to tell us, and the school says she's not being bullied. No idea how much her being trans is linked to this, probably some.
    She has already committed self harm. We are extremely scared this goes further.

She is now extremely recluse, insists on staying alone doing nothing, neither has nor wants friends. All typical signs of depression. She basically refuses communication with us on all fronts. She acknowledges she is ill with depression, tough we don't understand she's in favor or against getting medical help.

We're taking her to a psychiatrist, for depression, tough maybe a psychologist would be better, don't know...

Comments?
    Last edited by Gambatte; 29-11-2021 at 10:48 AM.