Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: X-talon ultra 260

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    2 new pairs of X-Talon ultra 260 V2s arrived in the post today. Lucky me!
    Lucky you!

I recently got a pair of the V2. Pete Bland had an offer on at the LDMT and it seemed rude not to! They feel a little more snug than their predecessors and the tongue is much shorter but otherwise I haven't noticed much difference in terms of grip, cushioning etc.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Master
    I noticed Pete Bland was selling these as unisex, whereas other retailers had the usual men's/women's. I contacted Inov-8 to clarify and this was their reply:

"The X-Talon's are only available as either Men's or Women's, but the fit is exactly the same.

Our Men's, Women's and unisex versions are only different in colours and sizes offered. The last is the same, so the same size in Men's will fit the same as a Women's, and there is no difference in how a men's shoe fits and feels compared to the Women's design."

I ordered a pair of the "unisex" shoes from Pete Bland as they were on special - but they arrived without a box and with obvious dirt on the sole. Not impressed. No reply yet from PB to my email.

Master
    After an exchange of emails and a phone call from them PB have agreed to exchange the shoes at their postal expense. That's better.

Master
    Wore yet another new pair of these today. They were rather tighter in the forefoot than I remember from previous new versions of this shoe, but then I had not stretched/steamed them until just before I put hem on. Grip was excellent. They will now sit in the sun - when available - whilst stuffed with paper, and I will steam them again at some stage.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Both my original pair and the v2 are still going strong, so well chuffed. The grip is by no means the same as a mudclaw in steep/wet stuff but I doubt il be switching back anytime soon.
    Last edited by PeteS; 26-02-2023 at 11:55 PM.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Master
    I was about to put on my old well worn and comfortable 260 V2s when I noticed there was the beginnings of a split between the upper and the sole on one shoe - so I tried on the new pair, and despite having only been stuffed with paper overnight, they felt surprisingly comfortable - and made for an excellent outing.

Master
    Splits have developed in the shoes I first wore on 27/2/23, so it was yet another new pair of the 260 V2s today - I had pre-stretched them. I have another pair still in their box from PB.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Splits have developed in the shoes I first wore on 27/2/23, so it was yet another new pair of the 260 V2s today - I had pre-stretched them. I have another pair still in their box from PB.
    There is a split appearing in one of these already! grrhh!

Master
    I have been wearing my very comfortable but almost treadless Trailfly Ultra G 300 Max's a lot recently, as it has been so dry and grip has not been a particular issue, with a few exceptions. They do not like gravel, even at a trivial gradient, nor do they like steep (dry, green) grass. I have found a new surface that I need to be careful on - short dry brown grass - like gravel, even with a trivial gradient, they can slip.