Thread: Ardnamacham

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire

Ardnamacham

Hopefully headed up to Mull and Skye in the summer. Looking at options to combine the two and get some short runs in. Ardnamurchan and the peninsula up to Mallaig fits the bill.
    Any recommendations for good runs, walks and places not to miss?
    Last edited by PeteS; 02-02-2022 at 07:38 AM.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

I spent a week in Skye a few years ago. I can't really comment on the Cuillin as it was in February and the weather was poor.

However even so, the run over to Loch Coriusk was fantastic, and i thought Camasunary was a fantastic place. A steady 7 or 8 miles back from there to Sligachan.

Red Cuillin were great, although brutally steep in places. If the weather keeps you off the Black Cuillin, you can get on the Red, but it might still be unpleasant.

Trotternish ridge was probably the highlight, although linear and a long way. Although i'm sure that shorter, circular runs can be made with help of a map.

Rasaay was brilliant, a short ferry ride from Skye, i ran 18 miles that day and didn't see a soul away from the road.

Aside from running i went over to Neist Point in the NW of the islands which was great for cliffs, seascapes, and bird-spotting. Coral Beach/Bay a little further round the coast was very relaxing too, and spotted some sea life.

The drive through Glen Sheil was stunning.

Try the ridge between Lochailort and Glenuig. I'm in the throes of exploring this but haven't done the whole thing yet. I had an aborted attempt on an extremely hot day last summer and ran out of time after picking a poor line to get up to the eastern end.It's a slog but the ridge beckoned onwards.... I'm heading back in a couple of weeks.

North Morar Range, totally pathless and fairly runnable. Nav tricky in bad visibility due to it all looking the same!
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Just noticed that I got the title of the thread wrong.
    Of course I meant Ardnamurchan but as the 2 previous posts highlight (and thanks both!),any recommendations around the wider are (Moidart, Morar etc.) would be great.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast