Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flower Scar

Flower Scar

Flower Scar Fell Race 2022 - New Route for 2022!

Flower Scar Fell Race is due to go ahead on Saturday 19th February at 11:15am (junior races from 10am) but there are some late changes that I’ve needed to implement.

Unfortunately, due to environmental issues and fallen trees in the forest area on the normal route, I’ve had to re-route the race to avoid this area. However, I’ve checked it out and I think it still makes for a great course. Due to the proximity to the race date now, I’ve decided that I will simply flag the entire course this year rather than the usual navigational section on Todmorden Moor. If this has to become the normal route for future years then I will re-introduce the nav section from 2023 but for simplicity I’ll keep it flagged this year.

I will also be adding a 30 minute early start option for runners who would expect to be in the bottom 20% of the field to give everyone ample chance to make the 1:15pm cut off at checkpoint 6. I will update the race page on the FRA site and the Todmorden Harriers website ASAP.

Full FRA Kit will be required for this race. Despite this race now being fully flagged, you will need to be able to navigate off the hill if you divert from the course, so a map and compass are compulsary and I will NOT be accepting a buff as a hat. No Kit, No Run, No Exceptions!

For a more detailed look at the route: https://osmaps.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/...ernative-Route

For any questions, please contact [email protected]

Many thanks,

Ricky Parrish (RO)
    Last edited by ponte_ricky; 25-01-2022 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ponte_ricky View Post
    Flower Scar Fell Race 2022 - New Route for 2022!

Flower Scar Fell Race is due to go ahead on Saturday 9th February at 11:15am (junior races from 10am) but there are some late changes that I’ve needed to implement.

Ricky Parrish (RO)
    The 9th Feb is a Wednesday Ricky. Should it be the 19th?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    The 9th Feb is a Wednesday Ricky. Should it be the 19th?
    bollocks. yeah its 19th haha. thanks for pointing that out.

i spotted another error, the cut off should be 1:15pm, not 1:45pm (2 hour cut off).

Is Flower Scar still EOD? I'm not used to EOD these days, it's like a story that's too good to be true.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Is Flower Scar still EOD? I'm not used to EOD these days, it's like a story that's too good to be true.
    Yes, although i'm starting to regret this decision after finding out its in at least 3-4 different club's championships and a 3 peaks qualifier haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ponte_ricky View Post
    Yes, although i'm starting to regret this decision after finding out its in at least 3-4 different club's championships and a 3 peaks qualifier haha.
    Well, i appreciate it TBH. So many of us make the decision last minute based on circumstances.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Glad to hear it and I agree, much prefer entry on the day. Hope to see you there

XC weather is forecasting 10cm of snow, I wanted to do this one but if that lot lands I might not get back over Wadsworth

Anyone go? Was it fun? The heavens let go at about midday in North Leeds, I nearly got stuck trying to get my shopping done, massive fishtail going up Lister Hill in Horsforth. I'd never have got back from Tod.