Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flower Scar

Thanks for the race today Ricky.
    Like Mr B I really appreciate races like this that are still entry on the day and just a fiver. Too many races have changed from that.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Anyone go? Was it fun? The heavens let go at about midday in North Leeds, I nearly got stuck trying to get my shopping done, massive fishtail going up Lister Hill in Horsforth. I'd never have got back from Tod.
    Yes it was fun!!
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

Just spoke to the RO, EOD is still on. They have 150 pre entered and 220 dibbers.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Thanks to Tod for todays event, a classic pennine yomp with plenty of stodge around. I decided on a steady start and to just wind the pace up as the miles ticked by, my bottle fell out on the first descent which pissed me off and got me swearing before i'd hardly got into my stride. This keeps happening as the elastic has gone on the pouch. I got going nicely from CP3 onwards and caught/dropped quite a few groups, but the final 500' climb finished me off, i hadn't really noticed it on the map and lost a bit of time. Allegedly some went wrong on the run in and i bet i can guess where because i nearly went wrong there too. I was a bit surprised at 33rd, i was expecting to be around 60, i found a number of good/shorter lines on the way down to CP6, that leg and the one before it will probably look strong on the splits. The run in doesn't really favour me, it doesn't finish on a good enough descent, but the pennines are often like that

Sounds like it all went well by all accounts. Looks like Bob reverted it back to the original route which is good. Much less biblical weather than last year. Unfortunately I couldn't make it down to help out but glad to hear it all went well

Provisional results with splits, thanks Bob.

https://www.sportident.co.uk/results...lowerScar2023/

I'm pleased with my downhill splits i think, i'd have been in with a shout for 1st CP1-2 if i hadn't have dropped my bottle and had to go back for it, that would have been a red letter day!

I'm looking forward to visiting Todmorden for this years first Champs race.

A little disappointed not to see Mr B on the start list, as having no time for a recce, my race strategy was to try to hang onto his coattails for a nav free guided tour of the best lines!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I'm looking forward to visiting Todmorden for this years first Champs race.

A little disappointed not to see Mr B on the start list, as having no time for a recce, my race strategy was to try to hang onto his coattails for a nav free guided tour of the best lines!
    I'm in a bad way at the moment, i junked all my waitlist entries a while ago.

I'm in a bad way at the moment, i junked all my waitlist entries a while ago.
    Sorry to hear that MrB.

I hope you can get on top of things sharpish.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Sorry to hear that MrB.

I hope you can get on top of things sharpish.
    Sharpish probably won't happen. I've been told the way i move is predisposing me to a gamut of injuries, my biomechanics are way off and it's straining everything as it all tries to compensate. In order to get over this the neuronets i use to run need to become redundant and new ones developed and made primary; it's about as bad as it gets as far as a prognosis for recovery goes, reconstructing a shattered femur would be a walk in the park beside this.

Sharpish probably won't happen. I've been told the way i move is predisposing me to a gamut of injuries, my biomechanics are way off and it's straining everything as it all tries to compensate. In order to get over this the neuronets i use to run need to become redundant and new ones developed and made primary; it's about as bad as it gets as far as a prognosis for recovery goes, reconstructing a shattered femur would be a walk in the park beside this.
    Sorry to hear you're not doing too well. I'd be interested to know though... has this information geen given to you by a physio or healthcare professional?