Thread: Dog poo

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill

Dog poo

I expect you have all seen it on your runs or walks. A bag of dog poo left below a tree: someone thinks they have done their duty by scooping the poo into a bag, but can't be bothered to take the bag home. So, to the minor environmental hazard of leaving dog poo, they add the much greater environmental damage of leaving plastic in the woods or fields. Do they think it will magically disappear?

And what do we do when we see it? Do we pick it up and take it home ourselves, to protect our environment? Or do we just suppress our outrage as we run past, maybe justifying this to ourselves by considering the moral hazard of allowing the irresponsible minority among dog-owners to think it's OK because someone else will pick it up? I confess that I am in the latter category; what about you?
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Certainly in our village some locals will bag the poo on the way out, leave it hanging to pick up on their way back.
    Which is fair enough so long as they remember on the way back!
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

I've noticed it more and more, who do they think is coming along to remove it? Pixies?
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Usually I attempt the 'flick-with-a-stick' and let nature take its course. However, if it needs to be bagged and I'm nowhere near a bin then I might leave it by the side of the path and pick it up on the way back rather than carry it around for a while.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast