for Race Organisers, Marshals, coaches and run leaders or any one who has responsibility for other runners on the hill.

Theres been a massive increase in the up take of these courses, the next one being so over subscribed I've put on another 3 weeks later. 26th and 27th April at Woodhead barn, Just a few places left so drop me a line or ask a question.

More info on the FRA website on on the Fell Runner uk page.

Below is the full course content for info.

COURSE CONTENT

This is a 2 day ITC outdoor first aid course offering remote outdoor first aid training ideal for Run leaders, coaches, Race organisers, Marshals, leaders of Duke of Edinburgh Award, leaders and outdoor enthusiasts alike taking you through the skills essential for rescue and emergency care in the wilderness. Additionally if you need an outdoor first aid course to revalidate your NGB award (eg MIC, MIA, Mountain Leader, SPA, WGL, BCU, BASI ski instructor, Mountain Bike Leader, Local Cave and Mine Leader etc) then these SQA accredited courses are for you.

Outdoor First Aid 16 hours (2 days) programme

◦Safe best practice
◦A systematic approach to incident management in the outdoors ◦Unconsciousness, causes and treatment ◦External bleeding, internal bleeding and shock ◦Resuscitation procedures including CPR, AED use and choking ◦Awareness of current regulations ◦Injury management outdoors ◦Illness recognition and management ◦Managing thermal (heat, cold) problems ◦Incident management scenarios

Course fee includes first aid manual and first aid certificate valid for three years.

Package

◦Interactive hands on practical training indoors and out ◦Use of recommended first aid kit ◦Easy to follow individual course booklet ◦An accredited, recognised certificate valid for 3 years

I also do a talk on personal/group/marshals Kit and Mountain Rescue, I'll also do my best to answer any questions on the FRA

If any one has any questions please let me know.

Best Regards
Ian Winterburn
FRA First Aid Coordinator