Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: fat camp

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    In my opinion all models and theories concerning disease processes and unhealthy conditions are incomplete because the role of consciousness has not been addressed. In the early C20th the founding fathers of quantum mechanics dropped a bombshell that should have seen us progress in a new direction, but the medical elite collectively turned their back. The taboo surrounding subjects such as spontaneous remission is apparently so strong, that you can't even talk about the taboo.
    I'm not disagreeing with this, because Einstein's E=mc² implies that it is correct, but can anyone explain how to use consciousness to make you less fat? Or run faster for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with this, because Einstein's E=mc² implies that it is correct, but can anyone explain how to use consciousness to make you less fat? Or run faster for that matter
    I was refering more to the observer effect, human beings have the ability to make subatomic particles appear out of a vast sea of energy just by observing this sea of energy. My favourite clip on this:

So we all have two parts to us, the physical eating, running, swearing part, and another part that can extend out of us and interfere with things without touching them. This violates one of the most sacred tenets of classical mechanics, strong objectivity. This interfering is also suspected to be instantaneous and involve no known signalling medium such as electromagnetics, this superluminal signalling also violates a sacred tenet of classical mechanics, locality.

At this point we start to lack the language to describe the implications of this new set of laws, but what we can say is that consciousness is not biochemical and in your brain, it is an energy field and is everywhere; this also violates classical mechanics, which holds matter as the ground state of all being, not consciousness.

So, can consciousness when properly prompted to do so, transform the subatomic particles that make up a fat molecule or a cancer cell and reduce them back to waves? I think there's enough evidence in favour of this to warrant further investigation, but the powers that be in todays medicine won't have anything to do with anything that violates classical mechanics. What the layperson knows as "snake oil" is more than likely an unexplained phenomenon that breaks the rules of classical mechanics, and thus far we have not advanced our scientific curiosity far enough to entertain the idea that a 500 year old set of assumptions might be innacurate somehow.

It's a slippery topic.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Master
    I was refering more to the observer effect, human beings have the ability to make subatomic particles appear out of a vast sea of energy just by observing this sea of energy. My favourite clip on this:

So we all have two parts to us, the physical eating, running, swearing part, and another part that can extend out of us and interfere with things without touching them. This violates one of the most sacred tenets of classical mechanics, strong objectivity. This interfering is also suspected to be instantaneous and involve no known signalling medium such as electromagnetics, this superluminal signalling also violates a sacred tenet of classical mechanics, locality.

At this point we start to lack the language to describe the implications of this new set of laws, but what we can say is that consciousness is not biochemical and in your brain, it is an energy field and is everywhere; this also violates classical mechanics, which holds matter as the ground state of all being, not consciousness.

So, can consciousness when properly prompted to do so, transform the subatomic particles that make up a fat molecule or a cancer cell and reduce them back to waves? I think there's enough evidence in favour of this to warrant further investigation, but the powers that be in todays medicine won't have anything to do with anything that violates classical mechanics. What the layperson knows as "snake oil" is more than likely an unexplained phenomenon that breaks the rules of classical mechanics, and thus far we have not advanced our scientific curiosity far enough to entertain the idea that a 500 year old set of assumptions might be innacurate somehow.

It's a slippery topic.
    I enjoy reading about Quantum Mechanics - of course I do not understand it - famously, it is said that if you think you do, you don't. My favourite writer on this at the moment is Carlo Rovelli - he is very readable and his coverage of the topic is wide ranging. Give him a try if you haven't yet.

It's a slippery topic.
    I remember studying A level physics and being told an electron could be both a particle and a wave; apparently if you set up equipment to measure particles you record a particle, and if you set up equipment to measure waves you record a wave. I seem to recall it took a lot of under-age drinking to get my head around that one. It wasn't until I encountered E=mc², where Energy = Mass, that I could, possibly, just about, maybe, grasp it.

As many of you know, I have an interest in dragonflies and particularly damselflies. On a small local river I have seen both Beautiful and Banded Demoiselles, which once seen are never forgotten. Their life-cycle involves spending the first 1-2 years of their lives under water and then, magically, they climb up a reed and peel of their larval skin and then fly off, without any assistance or having been above water before. I mention this, because it is beyond my comprehension how a tiny creature, with a brain not much bigger than a full stop, can suddenly become a four-winged flying animal having had no practice, experience, or sight of it being done.

The only way I can suggest that a creature this small can suddenly gain this skill and co-ordination, is that there is an as yet undiscovered signalling medium, like wi-fi or 5G, that enables it to gain processing power which is done 'off-site'

it is indeed a slippery topic, but if anyone has any metaphorical studs to get a grip on the subject I'd be grateful.
    Last edited by Marco; 23-02-2022 at 08:15 PM.

I remember studying A level physics and being told an electron could be both a particle and a wave; apparently if you set up equipment to measure particles you record a particle, and if you set up equipment to measure waves you record a wave. I seem to recall it took a lot of under-age drinking to get my head around that one. It wasn't until I encountered E=mc², where Energy = Mass, that I could, possibly, just about, maybe, grasp it.

As many of you know, I have an interest in dragonflies and particularly damselflies. On a small local river I have seen both Beautiful and Banded Demoiselles, which once seen are never forgotten. Their life-cycle involves spending the first 1-2 years of their lives under water and then, magically, they climb up a reed and peel of their larval skin and then fly off, without any assistance or having been above water before. I mention this, because it is beyond my comprehension how a tiny creature, with a brain not much bigger than a full stop, can suddenly become a four-winged flying animal having had no practice, experience, or sight of it being done.

The only way I can suggest that a creature this small can suddenly gain this skill and co-ordination, is that there is an as yet undiscovered signalling medium, like wi-fi or 5G, that enables it to gain processing power which is done 'off-site'

it is indeed a slippery topic, but if anyone has any metaphorical studs to get a grip on the subject I'd be grateful.
    This is a quote from a book by David R Hawkins MD PhD, who has done the most reasearch of anyone i'm aware of on the subject of Kinesiologic Muscle Testing.

The individual human mind is like a computer terminal connected to a giant database. The database is human consciousness itself, of which our own cognizance is merely an individual expression, but with its roots in the common consciousness of all mankind. This database is the realm of genius; because to be human is to participate in the database, everyone, by virtue of his birth, has access to genius. The unlimited information contained in the database has now been shown to be readily available to anyone in a few seconds, at any time and in any place.
    Your muscles weaken in response to negative stimulus. The most recent verification of this was done in the last 5yrs using a machine called a Dynamometer on someone's arm, the test muscle is typically the deltoid and you are asked to think of something you don't like and then to tell a lie verbally. Hawkins discovered that you can show an African tribesman who has never left his territory and never watched TV or listened to radio a picture of Adolf Hitler and his arm will weaken, show him a picture of Abe Lincoln and his arm will stay strong.

I was so interested by this that i went on a training course to learn how to do it. During the course i got 2 pieces of paper, wrote a swastika on one and on the other the phrase "all men are created equal by virtue of the divinity of their creator". I asked a fellow delegate who was naiive to this to hold each folded up piece in turn next to her breastplate, she tested strong for the quote and weak for the swastika.

Hawkins spent about 30yrs doing these sorts of tests up until his death. He did them at sea level, up mountains, on kids, on the elderly, and in every country he could access; the results were consistent and replicable. If he's right, by our own stubbornness and suspicion, it means we are becoming more and more disconnected from a vital part of what it is to be alive; while animals, having no ego or suspicion, take full advantage of this database of genius.

The course i went on was Psych-K. During the course i learned that all this stuff takes place in your subconscious mind, your conscious mind is totally unaware of what is going on in the background. Your conscious mind processes at a speed of about 40 Bits/sec, but your subconscious processes at about 40 million Bits/sec. For some reason humans have a gigantic processing capacity that we don't need to use to run, fart or eat that is connected to this alleged giant database. Again, it's something worthy of further investigation!

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio

Yeap. Existence. Pretty amazing innit
    Am Yisrael Chai

... it is beyond my comprehension how a tiny creature, with a brain not much bigger than a full stop, can suddenly become a four-winged flying animal having had no practice, experience, or sight of it being done.
    Exactly. But it does and it (probably) doesn't think too much about it.

But it is presumably equally beyond the comprehension of the damselfly why you cannot fly, and for a dog why you do not have a similar sense of smell, or for a raptor why you don't have acute vision or a bluebottle why you cannot smell rotting flesh from miles away, or a fish etc.

But I doubt if any of them, like Shakespeare, fret too much over it and is it not a trait of human arrogance that we think we should understand everything rather than just marvelling at the mystery?
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 24-02-2022 at 11:24 AM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

This thread got very metaphysical. I'm going to have another chocolate bar.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Well don't blame me when you get very fat!
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    The concensus amongst the authors whose books i've read is that if you don't believe it will make you fat it probably won't. It's a superposition waiting to be collapsed.