Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shame that's over

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    An article on Happiness in a recent edition of New Scientist had a photo of 4 US runners at the London Olympics with silver medals around their necks looking the polar opposite of happy. Apparently this is a well known paradox - silver medal winners think of the gold they missed out on, whereas bronze medal winners know they could easily have been fourth.
    Very good.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    An article on Happiness in a recent edition of New Scientist had a photo of 4 US runners at the London Olympics with silver medals around their necks looking the polar opposite of happy. Apparently this is a well known paradox - silver medal winners think of the gold they missed out on, whereas bronze medal winners know they could easily have been fourth.
    I was quite happy about 2nd V40 in the 50@50, knowing that Matt Dunn is a far better runner than me. You've got to be happy with the best you can do, and this varies considerably from one day to the next.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    I was quite happy about 2nd V40 in the 50@50, knowing that Matt Dunn is a far better runner than me. You've got to be happy with the best you can do, and this varies considerably from one day to the next.
    It was great to see you at so many races MrB. Do you like your T shirt and Hoodie?
    Charmian Heaton

Quote Originally Posted by Charmian View Post
    It was great to see you at so many races MrB. Do you like your T shirt and Hoodie?
    Thanks Charmain, nice to see you too. The tee is excellent, the hoodie is a clothiong item i have never needed to find a role for. I'm going to have to have a think as to how i can deploy it.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent