Thread: OMM Core Range

OMM Core Range

Does anyone have any experience of using this gear?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-fNkjTZ1g0

The vid says that the lighter weight - 75g lightweight material- "does need a bit of looking after to get the best performance from it" (is that code for delicate, breaks easily?).

Does it work as promoted? I quite fancy the tights for wild camping, fast-packing, and maybe the sleeping bag liner. But if it's a gimmick I'll save me pennies
    Am Yisrael Chai

I nearly ordered one of the hoodies, but then saw it in the flesh and it felt like it wouldn't last. I could be horribly wrong about it, but it's not cheap and I don't have the pennies to be experimenting with random bits of kit.

It felt like a good days tussock bashing, or a bit of scrambling would do for it.

Bit late seeing this. I really rate the Core kit. As you say, expensive and potentially delicate. It's similar to Polartec Alpha but lighter and even more breathable. It needs protecting under an outer layer. Fab sleeping bag kit or comfy lounging around in the tent

Quote Originally Posted by philbrynmaen View Post
    Bit late seeing this. I really rate the Core kit. As you say, expensive and potentially delicate. It's similar to Polartec Alpha but lighter and even more breathable. It needs protecting under an outer layer. Fab sleeping bag kit or comfy lounging around in the tent
    Sounds great. Thanks for the update. Might wait for the end of season bargains and give one a go.
    Am Yisrael Chai