Thread: The Yorkshire Dales 700s?

The Yorkshire Dales 700s?

Hi

I've Googled without success- has anyone done the seven 700m Dales hills and if so, what route did you take ?

TIA

https://www.gofar.org.uk/dales-top-10

Hello Lummox,

I don't know the area myself, but the link above might provide some assistance... would seem to be a similar route but with three extra tops added in.

Gofar also have a facebook page which it may well be worth asking on there, usually very helpful and knowledgeable on there.

Master
    Whernside736 mtrs,Ingleborough 724 mtrs, Great Shunner fell 716 mtrs, High seat 709 mtrs, Wild Boar fell 708 mtrs,
    Great Whernside 704 mtrs, Buckden Pike 702 mtrs.

Looks like a session with a map may be the best way forward.

have fun
    The older I get the Faster I was

I was struggling to find the 7 hills as when I used to knock about that neck of the woods Wild Boar Fell was, and still is in Cumbria, but not in the Yorkshire Dales National Park.

I still find it a bit odd that 28% of the YDNP is in Cumbria!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I spent ages last night looking at this and wondering why High Seat was included when the OS showed it as only 689mtrs...

Then realised i was actually looking at Hugh Seat which is a couple of km south.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I still find it a bit odd that 28% of the YDNP is in Cumbria!
    I think it was in 1974 when a large area of Yorkshire around Sedbergh was overrun by Cumbrians. The Yorkshire army couldn't defend the area due to supply line problems: Harry Ramsden's fish and chips were cold by the time the packhorses had brought them to the head of Wensleydale.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    https://www.gofar.org.uk/dales-top-10

Hello Lummox,

I don't know the area myself, but the link above might provide some assistance... would seem to be a similar route but with three extra tops added in.

Gofar also have a facebook page which it may well be worth asking on there, usually very helpful and knowledgeable on there.
    That route misses Wild Boar but includes the nearby, but lower, Swarth Fell.

Well; an intresting question! I've just completed ascending all the Yorkshire Dales NP 2000ft Hills (not in one go, though someone recently has). I thought I had done them years ago, but then heard about the recent elevation of Calf Fell above Barbon to the number. Had a lovely day out a couple of weeks ago climbing this and was impressed by the decorated Trig point -as well as by the view, lack of people and wildlife.
    It's a long way between some of them and would probably involve a fair bit of road running.