Wheeze,

In your ill-advised attempt to lecture JohnK and I, you made a point of 'the bear trap of generalisation' only to make this generalisation three sentences later

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
... And what is said there should not be seen to be anything remotely relevant to the main thrust of talking about running and racing in the fells anymore than a real life pint or two in a bar after a race is relevant to the race.
But it would be churlish for anyone to admit that those times spent in the post-race pub with folk of like mind are not a very pleasurable side bar to the whole enterprise of getting out in the fells.
I can honestly say that in my 19 years of club fell/track/XC/road running, and 14 years of cycle racing before that, I never had a post-race, or post-training pint.

There is a very good, and simple reason for this. I was born into a non-drinking religion.

For people who follow a non-drinking religion your generalisation, inferring that we all do it, is highly offensive; some people might even refer to it as religious bigotry. It will deter, and even prevent, some people from taking up the sport.

And to those members who strongly agreed with Wheeze's post, you have, unwittingly, also nailed your colours to the mast for all to see.

I feel that there is no longer room for people like me here now, so I am closing my account. I won't refer to it as a forum, as it now seems to be a cosy echo-chamber, suitable only for white, Christian, narrow-minded male bigots.