Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eurosport

Eurosport

I watch a lot of Eurosport road cycling on Sky. I can work with it on in the background.

However I've let Sky go, because contract was up, I'm moving later this year and Sky is not a broadband option at the new home. So I'm on a Mifi unit for the timebeing, with Amazon set up and Freeview.

Via Amazon there's Discovery + option that owns Eurosport I believe and for £6 ish a month I can subscribe.

OK if watching live, but half the time I can't so just want the 1 hour highlights programme "on demand"
    I only seem to be able to access a rerun of the live coverage and even then it isn't available until about 3 days after the stage has finished.

So then there's GCN+ App, but it seems to be the same as via Amazon.

Anyone shed any light on how I can get something akin to the Eurosport Channel options, without having Sky?

I'd like to get the best set up I can before the Dauphine and TdF.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I watch a lot of Eurosport road cycling on Sky. I can work with it on in the background.

However I've let Sky go, because contract was up, I'm moving later this year and Sky is not a broadband option at the new home. So I'm on a Mifi unit for the timebeing, with Amazon set up and Freeview.

Via Amazon there's Discovery + option that owns Eurosport I believe and for £6 ish a month I can subscribe.

OK if watching live, but half the time I can't so just want the 1 hour highlights programme "on demand"
    I only seem to be able to access a rerun of the live coverage and even then it isn't available until about 3 days after the stage has finished.

So then there's GCN+ App, but it seems to be the same as via Amazon.

Anyone shed any light on how I can get something akin to the Eurosport Channel options, without having Sky?

I'd like to get the best set up I can before the Dauphine and TdF.
    I watch Eurosportplayer on my PC and it has more cycling than any person with a life could ever wish to watch. I don't know what I pay but it is a miniscule amount, around £25 a year?

The only Sky channel I have any interest in is SkyArts and this is free on Freesat.

I think Sky is God's way, via his agent Murdoch, of telling people they have more money than sense and should read more books.

And Sky corrupted cycling!
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 27-05-2022 at 10:42 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Cannot help I'm afraid but I only keep Sky for Eurosport's cycling coverage and the Sky Q box with all its tricks.

Isn't this years Giro fantastic?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    I watch Eurosportplayer on my PC.

I think Sky is God's way, via his agent Murdoch, of telling people they have more money than sense
    Watch cycling on a PC Graham. Do you need to use field glasses?

I think I fall into the category of no money AND no sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Watch cycling on a PC Graham. Do you need to use field glasses?

I think I fall into the category of no money AND no sense!
    I said a PC, not a mobile phone.

PC screens have got bigger since the days of 9" cathode ray television sets - and we now have colour!

I said a PC, not a mobile phone.

PC screens have got bigger since the days of 9" cathode ray television sets - and we now have colour!
    Doh!

I'm sat here at my 17" lap top, which I suppose is my PC, and had visions of you watching cycling on something similar.

Master
    Can`t really help because I would rather spend my time doing sport rather than watching others doing it, i don't mind the odd catch up now and and again usually via the written word if I have time but each to there own I guess.

Weather was nice on the fells this morning early doors, now had breakfast and going to get the bike out.
    Sorry TV, Computers, Screens, who needs them when they are still able to self perambulate.

have a nice day
    The older I get the Faster I was

I can help here, forget about all of it and just make do with freeview. It's an arms race.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

I watch Eurosportplayer on my PC and it has more cycling than any person with a life could ever wish to watch. I don't know what I pay but it is a miniscule amount, around £25 a year?

The only Sky channel I have any interest in is SkyArts and this is free on Freesat.

I think Sky is God's way, via his agent Murdoch, of telling people they have more money than sense and should read more books.

And Sky corrupted cycling!
    If you now go to Eurosportplayer.com to subscribe, the actual subscription is Discovery+ for new subscribers and it costs £6.99/month or £59.99 a year.
    I gave that a whirl to watch the Giro and it's fine for live, but on occasion if I miss a live day, the post event replay options only seem to be full length and aren't available for 2-3 days.
    I'd missed Saturday & Sunday with being away, Stages 14 & 15 and tried to catch up on Monday the rest day, but nothing doing.
    On Tuesday, Saturday's stage was available, so I managed to watch the last hour before picking up Tuesday's live coverage.
    So my advise to anyone considering I'd give this a miss, unless you watch many of the other sports often covered by Eurosport.

I've now opted for the GCN+ subscription. Global Cycling Network, paid £39.99 for the annual fee. It looks like they provide all the coverage for Eurosport, and through the app you get ad free live coverage.
    You can watch on laptop/PC, tablet, phone or a Smart TV.

I've found you can watch post race highlights and there's a host of cycling based documentaries, as well as a back catalogue of programmes, such as past monuments and stage races.

I think also on days where Eurosport only provide highlights, because the broadcast channels are taken up with say Roland Garos, you can still watch the live feed on GCN+, but I've yet to test that.
    Last edited by Witton Park; 30-05-2022 at 07:33 AM.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    If you now go to Eurosportplayer.com to subscribe, the actual subscription is Discovery+ for new subscribers and it costs £6.99/month or £59.99 a year.
    I gave that a whirl to watch the Giro and it's fine for live, but on occasion if I miss a live day, the post event replay options only seem to be full length and aren't available for 2-3 days.
    I'd missed Saturday & Sunday with being away, Stages 14 & 15 and tried to catch up on Monday the rest day, but nothing doing.
    On Tuesday, Saturday's stage was available, so I managed to watch the last hour before picking up Tuesday's live coverage.
    So my advise to anyone considering I'd give this a miss, unless you watch many of the other sports often covered by Eurosport.

I've now opted for the GCN+ subscription. Global Cycling Network, paid £39.99 for the annual fee. It looks like they provide all the coverage for Eurosport, and through the app you get ad free live coverage.
    You can watch on laptop/PC, tablet, phone or a Smart TV.

I've found you can watch post race highlights and there's a host of cycling based documentaries, as well as a back catalogue of programmes, such as past monuments and stage races.

I think also on days where Eurosport only provide highlights, because the broadcast channels are taken up with say Roland Garos, you can still watch the live feed on GCN+, but I've yet to test that.
    Thanks. That is useful. Eurosport commentators always seem a bit schizophrenic about GCN (two channels showing the same pictures!) and when I need to re-subscribe I will explore the GCN feed.