Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Medical certificates for France

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    473

    Medical certificates for France

    I've just been looking at some races in Morzine, they seem to require a medical certificate. Any idea how one goes about getting this? Is there a specific form to use etc? Do I need to book a physical or can I get one of my many medic friends to sign it off?

  2. #2
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Posts
    2,044
    There have been similar enquiries on this Forum in the past. Try this thread: https://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/show...hlight=medical
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

  3. #3
    Master Travs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    NE Lakes/Coventry
    Posts
    4,419
    Matthew i got one a few years ago for a race in Tenerife.

    Just booked an standard appointment with my GP.

    If the race requires their own standard form it will likely be detailed on their website, and i took a couple of print outs of recent results as "proof" to the doctor that i was capable of doing the race.

    My doctor signed it there and then, but i suppose he might ask you to take a medical.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Ilkley
    Posts
    465
    My doctor's practice refused to sign one for me. i managed to get one issued by an online medical/physio service for about 65, which didn't require a physical examination just an online questionnaire. sorry but i don't recall the name of the website.

    Ben

  5. #5
    I have recently used this one https://www.sportsmedicalcertificates.com/ which was 65 so probably the one you used. Was quick, got it in a few hours.

    I am doing Giir di Mont 32k which is in Italy and it requires medical tests (ECG at rest and stress, urine analysis and spirometry). I wasnt able to find someone who would provide all the Tests. The closest was my GP but it was going to be hundreds of pounds. I took a chance on just a fitness note and they accepted it on their online entry system. Hoping there are no on the day registration problems!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Ilkley
    Posts
    465
    yes, that's the one i used in 2019/2020 for the UTMB race in the Pyrenese (Val d'Aran), which was due to take place in 2020 but obviously didn't. They accepted the certificate though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Croberts View Post
    I have recently used this one https://www.sportsmedicalcertificates.com/ which was 65 so probably the one you used. Was quick, got it in a few hours.

    I am doing Giir di Mont 32k which is in Italy and it requires medical tests (ECG at rest and stress, urine analysis and spirometry). I wasnt able to find someone who would provide all the Tests. The closest was my GP but it was going to be hundreds of pounds. I took a chance on just a fitness note and they accepted it on their online entry system. Hoping there are no on the day registration problems!

  7. #7
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ambleside
    Posts
    4,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Croberts View Post
    I have recently used this one https://www.sportsmedicalcertificates.com/ which was 65 so probably the one you used. Was quick, got it in a few hours.

    I am doing Giir di Mont 32k which is in Italy and it requires medical tests (ECG at rest and stress, urine analysis and spirometry). I wasnt able to find someone who would provide all the Tests. The closest was my GP but it was going to be hundreds of pounds. I took a chance on just a fitness note and they accepted it on their online entry system. Hoping there are no on the day registration problems!
    I am surprised at 2 things here - 1/ that answering questions is felt to constitute a "medical" and 2/ the price.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Ilkley
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    I am surprised at 2 things here - 1/ that answering questions is felt to constitute a "medical" and 2/ the price.
    i was surprised that: 1) my doctor would not even consider signing the certificate, as a matter of policy

  9. #9
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ambleside
    Posts
    4,257
    Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post
    i was surprised that: 1) my doctor would not even consider signing the certificate, as a matter of policy
    Agreed. And there should not be a charge. An opportunity to build a relationship not based on illness wasted.

  10. #10
    Member Bogmonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fatboyland
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post
    i was surprised that: 1) my doctor would not even consider signing the certificate, as a matter of policy
    My god wasn't keen a few years back. He didn't want to be held liable if dome thing happened to me during the race. In the end I downloaded one off the net and posted it off. When I got to the race they asked to see it and I said I'd posted it to them weeks before and they just said OK 😃

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •