Thread: Inov-8 Mudclaw 300 Classic RIP :(

Inov-8 Mudclaw 300 Classic RIP :(

Well, I guess it has been on the cards for a while now, but during my penny-pincing, annual autumn hunt for a bargain pair of discounted running shoes, I noted that the Inov-8 site no longer offers these as an option. Perhaps that's old news for some. I know they're weren't to everyone's taste, but these were my first 'proper' fell shoes and I always found them to be solid and reliable, especially trudging through the north Pennine bogs and peat hags in winter.

I hate change, me.
    Am Yisrael Chai

This is the thing I've always hated about running shoes. I now try and buy 3 or 4 pairs if I really, really like one particular model (obviously it's a hefty output in one go though!)

The Mudclaw 275 was one of my recent favourites and these seem near impossible to get hold of for a "decent" price..I had 4 pairs at one point but they seem to break apart before 140 miles, which isn't great.

I did see the Mudclaw 300 Classic's on SportsShoes website though, think they're about £80 or so
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Quote Originally Posted by CalFerguson View Post
    This is the thing I've always hated about running shoes. I now try and buy 3 or 4 pairs if I really, really like one particular model (obviously it's a hefty output in one go though!)

The Mudclaw 275 was one of my recent favourites and these seem near impossible to get hold of for a "decent" price..I had 4 pairs at one point but they seem to break apart before 140 miles, which isn't great.

I did see the Mudclaw 300 Classic's on SportsShoes website though, think they're about £80 or so
    Thanks for the headsup. I did bag a pair, but went to Pete Bland's site. £85 but that included postage, plus supporting Pete's gives me a frisson of self-satisfaction too.

I've also previously bought pairs of shoes that I liked when I spotted them on offer, and they've remained boxed up for months until the current pair expired. I'm tempted to buy an extra pair or two of these classic mudclaws, but will first have to construct some mighty plausible justification to convince my non-running partner that I'm saving money in the longer term. Ummm,let me think. I could try arguing that buying now, before inflation inevitably sends the price even higher is the clever thing to do? Or, more shoes means more running and as running keeps me warm the shoes will effectively help save £s on energy costs? No, I'm going to have to think much harder!
    Am Yisrael Chai