Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New chevin race...!?

New chevin race...!?

'We need to talk about Chevin'- a cat BM 9m 2100' day out dodging sanctimonious people and untethered pitbulls. But, blow me down with a feather, there's EOD! Get stocked up on viper spray, I'm game.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

I'm helping with registration and results, so please write on your entry form neatly....
    Richard Foster, North Leeds Fell Runners, Airienteers Orienteering Club & Leeds Adel Hockey Club

Of course.

I might go for a recce tommorrow, though i could probably get round blindfolded. Are there any compensatory prizes for runners who get kicked by horses on Miller Lane?

I hope it's a good one. I would like to congratulate the organiser on the excellent name - I love a good pun.

Got round a recce today, not without a mistake though. Struggled to find the top of the first descent, had to zigzag to pick the path up. Went back after doing the rest of the course and it turned out I hadn't gone far enough down, but it's all clear now and I'll be flying down there on the day. The crappy last descent down that orrible track will be tiresome.

Well, how do you summarise that? 38 started, about half got lost some not visiting all the CPs, Antonio didn't finish last having navigated the course perfectly; so a lot of firsts. The lower Danefield was just a load of runners going back and forth looking at a map and staring blankly into the trees. At least 3 people who had 2-3mins on me at CP1 surprise view overtook me a second time, one of which was an U18 lad who i never saw finish and may have run a BL instead of a BM. The only way to get a proper set of results out of that will be to use dibbers, it's the only way to catch those missing CPs.

I think i was 5th, and peeved that 4th was a V40, so 2nd V40 overall.

Master

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Well, how do you summarise that? 38 started, about half got lost some not visiting all the CPs, Antonio didn't finish last having navigated the course perfectly; so a lot of firsts. The lower Danefield was just a load of runners going back and forth looking at a map and staring blankly into the trees. At least 3 people who had 2-3mins on me at CP1 surprise view overtook me a second time, one of which was an U18 lad who i never saw finish and may have run a BL instead of a BM. The only way to get a proper set of results out of that will be to use dibbers, it's the only way to catch those missing CPs.

I think i was 5th, and peeved that 4th was a V40, so 2nd V40 overall.
    Nice one well done
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Nice one well done
    Local knowledge helped a lot!

I've been bumped up to 4th in the official results. There a few DNFs at the bottom so they probably managed to find a few who missed CPs, though there were more than 3.