Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Arenig Fawr

Arenig Fawr

30th Sept

Saw the map for this one, and just HAVE to do it

Anybody else...?

Re: Arenig Fawr

Aye, should be there though X/C day before but actually this one so good then should prioritise it.

Generally a very fast route and all quite runnable on ascent, second half of descent is a flyer!

Superb time by Rich Roberts last year, hopefully he'll do it again this year so we can have a progress check.

Yeah we'll do this. Looks a nice race, never been down there either. It's also a Sunday race so I can do it.

Bit surprised at how few people did this last year (for such a lovely looking race), so thought I'd better just check with the organiser (Yiannis Tridimas) before deciding to travel across from Manc...

Just got an email reply, and it's definitely ON

Hopefully there'll be a good turn out...

50-80 runners seems to be about normal for most races around Snowdonia, well for those not in a championship series anyway.

I was suprised when I first started racing here having raced in the Peak District with 200 plus runners even for evening races, and having heard about lakes races, but we don't seem to get the numbers.

Only 60 odd did the Foel Fras race, and the Peris race. I quite like that number of racers, enough to have an atmosphere without the congestion of the peak district races.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    50-80 runners seems to be about normal for most races around Snowdonia, well for those not in a championship series anyway.

I was suprised when I first started racing here having raced in the Peak District with 200 plus runners even for evening races, and having heard about lakes races, but we don't seem to get the numbers.

Only 60 odd did the Foel Fras race, and the Peris race. I quite like that number of racers, enough to have an atmosphere without the congestion of the peak district races.
    It seems odd to me that Welsh races have so few runners. There are even fewer in South Wales races. But like you say Iain R you get the atmosphere and not the congestion.

Anyway with Thievely Pike cancelled it's the only race in the book that weekend isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Anyway with Thievely Pike cancelled it's the only race in the book that weekend isn't it.
    Let's hope there are no sheep in the start & finish field.

Don't forget the Black Mountains race on the Saturday - do them both, it makes for a great weekend and a good excuse for a few days off afterwards.

I'll be on CP2 , taking photos of the horizontal rain, maybe some runners in the mist and on the safety radio.
    Race route maps usually available on our site.

www.teamdolly.co.uk

We try and cover most of the races in the north of Wales.

Regards

Pete

Pete Mac - keep a look-out for me then - I'll be the one near (at?) the back, looking like I'm in need of an oxygen-tent

deffo still on for this one
    if weather is good, will drag entire Slug Clan along with me (they can amuse themselves down in the valley)
    if poor, will still come along to test out my full-body waterproofs (which I'm fed up of lugging around, with no excuse to use as of yet...)