Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Arenig Fawr

Re: Arenig Fawr

Quote Originally Posted by nightingale View Post
    Great Race. Thanks Yiannis and all involved. I could hardly move for hours afterwards I'd eaten soooooo many cakes and there were still loads left when I was leaving.
    Nice to get chance to say a very quick hello to Emma. Yes good job I didn't follow you if you were on sweeping up duty.
    Shame I didn't get chance to meet Mr B but hopefully, now he's discovered the underground Welsh runs, we'll see him down here again.
    For those that are interested I flew over Arenig today and took the photo bellow. Not in Al Tye's legue but you can make out most of the route.
    Nice photo John. If you fly small aircraft you should speak to Steve Cliff, our flying friend.
    Yiannis

Great Race. Thanks Yiannis and all involved. I could hardly move for hours afterwards I'd eaten soooooo many cakes and there were still loads left when I was leaving.
    Nice to get chance to say a very quick hello to Emma. Yes good job I didn't follow you if you were on sweeping up duty.
    Shame I didn't get chance to meet Mr B but hopefully, now he's discovered the underground Welsh runs, we'll see him down here again.
    For those that are interested I flew over Arenig today and took the photo bellow. Not in Al Tye's legue but you can make out most of the route.
    Lovely photo.

It's the tracksters that have given me away in the past hope i'll be able to make it next year, the drive down to wales is a total faff though :thunbdown:
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by ydt View Post
    Hurray ! I was two whole seconds faster than last year. Definate improvement. At this rate I will win the race in a thousand years or so ;-)

Good photo, Nightingale. It captures the essence of the Meirionydd hills.

Mr.B. the motorway is a faff ( we drive down from Lancaster every year ) but once at Chester, I just love the 'proper driving on proper roads'.

Emma, had the best part of 4 hours in casualty at RLI this afternoon/evening. No bone damage. I've sprained the medial ligament of my R knee - rest and ice packs plus pain killers. Thanks for the patience that you and Gordon displayed in nursing me back across the final two miles - the joy of dependable friends. I was rather surprised that such a fine fiesty woman should be scared of a ( beef ) bull; I would have been more cautious if he had been a dairy breed. He appeared to be happy enough when we herded him back in the direction of his harem. About 12 months ago, in the rutting season on the moors above Wickersgill, Steve Cliff and I came over a brow and found ourselves between a red deer stag and one of his hinds. The stag became quite threatening until we removed ourselves from the direct line between them and the hind was able to trot straight to him.
    Last edited by wheezing donkey; 05-10-2010 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ydt View Post
    Awesome! I made up 16 places on the descent, didn't think it was that many!
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

I'm sure most of you already know, but, lots of photos from the race @
    Alastairs sitehttp://www.fellrunningpictures.co.uk...gfawr2010.html and
    Pete's site http://www.prdouglas.co.uk/

Checked the course today in an amazing gale. All is well and the run-in as wet as ever.
    Details here http://yiannistridimas.tripod.com/
    Yiannis

Master

Looking forward to it. Anyone else going from East Mids area who wants to share lift?

Simon