Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Arenig Fawr

Re: Arenig Fawr

Quality; Fan Fawr saturday, Arenig Fawr sunday. Might rough it in the car and do both!

Watch out for the electric fence at the quarry, it neutered me last year.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Just bumping this up for Yiannis, pre weekend! As usual I will be taking a head count at the dam, then sweeping the course. I just love heading down to Arenig every year; proper wild Welsh Wales, not Welsh Tourist Board Wales!

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    Just bumping this up for Yiannis, pre weekend! As usual I will be taking a head count at the dam, then sweeping the course. I just love heading down to Arenig every year; proper wild Welsh Wales, not Welsh Tourist Board Wales!
    Ian, as the weather is going to be summery, I will economise on flags so you will not have to collect too many of them. Yiannis

Don't think i'll be able to get down this year although i might reconsider. I could do with at least 3000' in my legs ready for Kirk Fell from one outing, so i might be heading up to the Howgills. Shame to miss such a good weekend though...

Can I just say really enjoyed my first time out on this race - challenging course and a good mix of terrain. Great soup and cake at the finish after I had stood in the small river to wash away the mud that I managed to collect on that final mile along the path rename it to bog. Thank you Yiannis for a great race will be there next year.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by ShrewsburyShuffler View Post
    Can I just say really enjoyed my first time out on this race - challenging course and a good mix of terrain. Great soup and cake at the finish after I had stood in the small river to wash away the mud that I managed to collect on that final mile along the path rename it to bog. Thank you Yiannis for a great race will be there next year.
    Well said SS. think I spoke to you yesterday as well. It was a tremedous route a real feel race and a shame a few more didnt enter. It should be a championship race with a course like that. Many thanks Yiannis and your team for such a great event. Will be back next year.

Al Tye's pictures are up. Looked like a good day, shame i couldn't make it- it was pissing it down in the Howgills.

Yes that was me Corniceman - good to meet you. Bit windy on the top yesterday but really enjoyed the day out - cracking pictures by Alistair and Esyllt.

A few more pictures here, taken at CP1 http://www.justusuk.com/2011/10/aren...2-october.html

A quick heads up for the 2014 edition of this gem in wild Welsh Wales ..... as of last year the route leaves directly from Arenig quarry and includes a traverse to Moel Llyfnant. It's this weekend, 3rd August, 13.00 start. The finish is directly off the hill, into the quarry; no traverse of the boggy, old railway bed.

Website
    Last edited by wheezing donkey; 31-07-2014 at 01:06 AM.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!