So after a funny do at work landed me in A&E in March (I have them semi-frequently, but because they only happen if I'm ill, when at home I just sleep them off), they attached me to an ECG and asked me if I'd just had a heart attack. I hadn't.

Anyway, I've had an MRI and ECHO over the last few months to get a good look at my heart.
In general what is being seen is in line with having a trained heart. However, there are a few little bits and pieces that aren't concomitant with a trained heart and we want to have a bit more of a look at.

As such, and after discussion with the consultant, I'm just starting a 6 month period of detraining. AT the end of this I'll undergo the tests again to see if these issues have reverted, (i.e. caused by training), or are always there (i.e. pathological). I'm not entirely sure which of these is the best outcome!

So I'm allowed to do about 10-15 miles a week with very low intensity. I'm still working out exactly what I can do in terms of walking, biking (I may need to get an easier gear ratio!) and strength work. So I won't be donning my short shorts and bum bag for a while, but I still intend to be making myself useful and helping out at races, keeping some level of fitness up through walking, working on those niggles that always get less attention than they should, and putting in place some strength work so I can come back stronger next year!