I have been diagnosed (following X-ray and NMR) with herniated disc on my lower spine in Dec 2021
The old orthopedic who saw me (himself used to compete triathlon) says the ONLY thing he can recommend is specific physio exercise for core strength and mobility. I've discussed these with the physio and I've been doing them very religiously, minimum 15-20min EVERY day now for 7 months. Physio says I'm doing everything very well, and my core is excellent. But the only outcome is that instead of a painful hamstring (whole 2021) I have a painful gluteus.

Amazing is that I can do everything apart from running. Very long cycling or walking, with huge climbing, and I'm absolutely fine.
I also swim regularly, since years, like 2-3 times/week, 40-60min each time, bad swimmer but I just like it, swimming is supposed to do well for everything back related.

Despite being very diligent with physio exercises I still got ZERO improvement.
I also got 3 cortisone injections, absolutely ZERO effect.

I know in some cases, like when the injury limits much what you can do, and everything else has been tried already and did not help, sometimes operations is done.

Anyone here can share stories on herniated disc, with or without operation?
Cheers,

Alberto