Thread: Physio, Osteo or Witch Doctor?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    [QUOTE=mr brightside;686851]If its an NHS, i wouldn't have bothered in the first place. /QUOTE]

I've known a few physios in forty years of running. Two or three have been brilliant - especially if recommended by my knee surgeon. Others less so.

I once saw a young woman for the first time and she directed me to sit at the end of her desk facing her. She then carried on faffing about with something or other ignoring me for quite some time. When she eventually looked up I smiled and said "Happy Birthday".

She nearly leapt out of her chair and gasped "How did you know that?"

I pointed to my elbow next to her huge desk diary and for that day she had written in large letters: BIRTHDAY.

I thought it a bit odd that she would need to remind herself of that fact but we moved on to my running problem.

Eventually she suggested that my niggle was because one leg was shorter than the other.

This may be so, but by then I had run/raced tens of thousands of miles and no other medical practitioner had ever drawn this physical disability to my attention. But I listened, smiled and nodded, and paid my bill.

Anyway the problem resolved itself and I concluded that physios are not all the same.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 31-01-2024 at 07:36 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".