Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Db 2022

Nearly there Lenny, final few hundred metres and bound to receive loads of applause. He'll remember this as the longest final 10k of his life.
    Brilliant effort, time for a beer and some sleep.

Never mind about a new Prince of Wales, we've got a new king, King Lenny.

An awesome achievement and inspirational for us oldies. He's just messaged me and we are having a beer in Llani next weekend.

Fantastic.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Never mind about a new Prince of Wales, we've got a new king, King Lenny.

An awesome achievement and inspirational for us oldies. He's just messaged me and we are having a beer in Llani next weekend.

Fantastic.
    That is impressive. They were l-o-n-g days in the hills. Well done Lenny.

Senior Member Don't fear the sweeper's Avatar
    The race director's report, with interesting sections about the bad weather on day 1 and the death of the Queen. https://www.dragonsbackrace.com/news...7245-110731629

2023:
    Day 3 ending and 4 women runners in the top 10, good running from them. These days I don’t know any of the competitors names, so don’t follow anyone but look in out of interest, results look like it is quite attritional , due to conditions I guess.
    Tomorrow evening they are in the village here, so I’m hoping to catch up with a few mates in the pub, they are volunteering as usual, but I guess a few runners may be tempted by a cold pint after a swim in the river!
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

I am not 100% sure but I think runner 161 is BillJ of this parish. A Calder Valley member who ran the Fantasy Fellrunning.

If it is you, all the best Bill.

Great couple of hours in the pub last night catching up with old friends, loads of nostalgia!
    The volunteers were thirsty and enjoyed a few pints. My mate Paul (another ex Llani boy) on the first day carted 12.5K litres of water to the campsite, fetched it all in bowsers from a hydrant. That's 12.5 tons of water for everyone, gives an idea of the logistics involved in one simple thing.
    Hard graft for the runners and no let up in the heat before Cardiff.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I am not 100% sure but I think runner 161 is BillJ of this parish. A Calder Valley member who ran the Fantasy Fellrunning.
    If it is you, all the best Bill.
    Thanks Llani Boy, it was indeed me.
    The heat was attritional - trying to cope with that while exerting enough to get through the cutoffs was key.
    I'm impressed with the thought that has gone into planning the route - they could easily have taken the race on a lot of roads but instead found seldom-used paths and small back lanes for much of it.
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

Quote Originally Posted by BillJ View Post
    Thanks Llani Boy, it was indeed me.
    The heat was attritional - trying to cope with that while exerting enough to get through the cutoffs was key.
    I'm impressed with the thought that has gone into planning the route - they could easily have taken the race on a lot of roads but instead found seldom-used paths and small back lanes for much of it.
    Congratulations on finishing Bill, 18th overall and 1st M55.

You slayed the Dragon

For anyone interested in such things, I penned a few lines (a lot of lines actually) on my Dragons Back race experience...
    https://medium.com/@billjohnson_3064...3-c53a0e4052ab
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"