Thread: Water Refill App

Water Refill App

While biking and wild camping around Mull and Colonsay this September I came across a system which was very helpful. A scheme, accessed via an app. that provides information of where you can refill your water bottles. This may be old news for some, but was new to me.

I think there may be other apps out there which perform the same function, but this one worked well for me:

https://www.citytosea.org.uk/campaign/refill/

I've always carried a Sawyer water filter while wild-camping to provide the freedom of getting water from a wide range of sources, and previously have also relied on calling into pubs and elsewhere to 'beg' for a refill etc. (although I believe that legally pubs are obliged to provide tap water on requested). Often, places in the scheme appear to have a designated tap, with the apps logo, situated outside, so the water is available even whether the building is closed.

Looking at the refill points on the app, many are B&Bs, hotels, YHAs, village halls and other community centres, and the like.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Has your outside tap got the App Logo on it yet?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Anyone can help themselves to water from our unmetered outside tap, although they may first have to negotiate entry into the garden with Razor, our misanthropic pit-bull.
    Am Yisrael Chai