Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Autumn Booster?

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    Not sure what you mean by this WP?
    16 of 18 get covid, all vaccinated. You can look at it two ways. Maybe it could have been worse, or what use is that jab.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

There is substantial evidence to say that the Vaccine helps reduce symptoms, even if it doesn't stop you getting it. Though many of my relatives have not had covid before, none of them had serious symptoms or required hospitalization. It may not be a silver bullet, but there is no evidence that it harms people. Hospitals are not overrun with covid sufferers at present. Whilst in China, now they have opened up lots of people are in trouble. Their vaccine was very poor.

Master
    There is substantial evidence to say that the Vaccine helps reduce symptoms, even if it doesn't stop you getting it. Though many of my relatives have not had covid before, none of them had serious symptoms or required hospitalization. It may not be a silver bullet, but there is no evidence that it harms people. Hospitals are not overrun with covid sufferers at present. Whilst in China, now they have opened up lots of people are in trouble. Their vaccine was very poor.
    If only China had given its population decent vaccines.

Watching the BBC news reporting on China's opening up - not a single person seen without a mask, and all masks were worn over the nose.

but there is no evidence that it harms people.
    Both the US VAERS system and our yellow card system would suggest otherwise.

It is broadly accepted there are harms, and the debate now has moved on to whether the benefits outweigh the harms.
    I suspect the debate will continue to move, as some of the MSM are now perking up with the Washington Post and Telegraph recently looking at the issue.

https://dailyclout.io/cdc-finally-re...ines-via-foia/
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Both the US VAERS system and our yellow card system would suggest otherwise.

It is broadly accepted there are harms, and the debate now has moved on to whether the benefits outweigh the harms.
    I suspect the debate will continue to move, as some of the MSM are now perking up with the Washington Post and Telegraph recently looking at the issue.

https://dailyclout.io/cdc-finally-re...ines-via-foia/
    Yeap.

And now we can see how, via the Twitter files, Twitter and the like were complicit in suppressing 'inconvenient' facts and information, including ridiculing those professionals who held legitimate and different views.

https://news.yahoo.com/twitter-files...61dKtIyk4Qxdkm

What's that saying?

There are lies
    Damn lies
    And Statistics

To which we might now add to the list

Computer modelling
    And the MSM
    Am Yisrael Chai

I'm not going to bother responding to the last two posts because it's just like banging my head on a wall.
    As the saying goes:-
    Q. Why are you banging your head against the wall?
    A. Because its so nice when I stop.

I'm not going to bother responding to the last post, by responding to the last post
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

I'm not going to bother responding to the last two posts because it's just like banging my head on a wall.
    As the saying goes:-
    Q. Why are you banging your head against the wall?
    A. Because its so nice when I stop.
    Why would you get angry because some people hold different views from you, or are prepared to countenance that not all is as it might first appear? Free debate in a democracy is about tolerance, and listening to others, rather than deriding others as annoying because they disagree with your views. I realise that critical thinking is not taught in the education system so frequently now, and that empiricism has been replaced by "it's my lived experience so it must be true" - but we're better than that, surely? Let's keep this section of the forum open for free thinking debate (even radical, less heard ideas) rather than adopting implied ad hominem. Please do respond if you believe you have something of interest to contribute. I'd be interested to hear for one, whether I eventually agree or not.
    Am Yisrael Chai

What is the point in having a forum if we don't discuss different views and opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    What is the point in having a forum if we don't discuss different views and opinions?
    Indeed.

Meanwhile I am watching Pulp Fiction again.

Is Tarantino the most exhilarating, astonishing film director, with a genius for writing comic dialogue, to emerge from Hollywood in the last fifty years?

Unquestionably.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".