Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Enjoyed Day 1 of the UAE Tour yesterday and about to tune in to day two.

It was a lively echelon day in the cross winds. Just when it looked like all was coming together a small group went off the front and Cav managed a decent 3rd place. Just got caught out of position on the final bend and probably a bit rusty as well.
    Just watched the highlights on YouTube, it was actually a lot better than a decent 3rd place for Cav.

In a high quality field, with most of the top sprinters, he came around the last bend at least 7 bike lengths behind the leader, and by the line he was only 3 lengths behind. To make up that amount of ground, at that sort of speed, is really impressive. In short, Cav has still got it - and if they can get a better lead out it will result in wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Just watched the highlights on YouTube, it was actually a lot better than a decent 3rd place for Cav.

In a high quality field, with most of the top sprinters, he came around the last bend at least 7 bike lengths behind the leader, and by the line he was only 3 lengths behind. To make up that amount of ground, at that sort of speed, is really impressive. In short, Cav has still got it - and if they can get a better lead out it will result in wins.
    Groan.

As "not the biggest flag raiser for C*v*nd*sh" I can see I am going to have a difficult 2023 season.

Sigh.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Groan.

As "not the biggest flag raiser for C*v*nd*sh" I can see I am going to have a difficult 2023 season.

Sigh.
    we hope so misery guts
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Groan.

Sigh.
    I'm not a nationalist, and I'm not his biggest fan either, but he's been through some bad times and keep comes coming out the other side and winning. Somehow.

I think you should give him a chance this season, if only because he's riding a Vittoria-shod Wilier Triestina; which we both remember as the bike of a great champion.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    I'm not a nationalist, and I'm not his biggest fan either, but he's been through some bad times and keep comes coming out the other side and winning. Somehow.

I think you should give him a chance this season, if only because he's riding a Vittoria-shod Wilier Triestina; which we both remember as the bike of a great champion.
    Plus 1
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Good win for Adam Yates on final day in UAE. Shame he got caught out in the cross winds day 1.

First proper weekend coming up with Strade Bianche Saturday, then Pogacar and Vingegaard go head to head at Paris-Nice.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Good win for Adam Yates on final day in UAE. Shame he got caught out in the cross winds day 1.

First proper weekend coming up with Strade Bianche Saturday, then Pogacar and Vingegaard go head to head at Paris-Nice.
    Which means that in a parallel universe (Italy) at the same time it will be the Tirreno-Adriatico. And with a start list of: Wout van Aert, Mathieu van der Poel, Julian Alaphilippe, Tom Pidcock, Mikel Landa, Aleksandr Vlasov, Jai Hindley, Guillaume Martin, Geraint Thomas, Filippo Ganna, Elia Viviani, Wilco Kelderman, Dylan van Baarle, Fabio Jakobsen, Jay Vine, and João Almeida amongst others, it looks like the race to watch.

And Adam Yates and Cav are listed to be there too.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Which means that in a parallel universe (Italy) at the same time it will be the Tirreno-Adriatico. And with a start list of: Wout van Aert, Mathieu van der Poel, Julian Alaphilippe, Tom Pidcock, Mikel Landa, Aleksandr Vlasov, Jai Hindley, Guillaume Martin, Geraint Thomas, Filippo Ganna, Elia Viviani, Wilco Kelderman, Dylan van Baarle, Fabio Jakobsen, Jay Vine, and João Almeida amongst others, it looks like the race to watch.

I do love Paris Nice but it is not the same without the final TT up col D'Eze.

Tirreno Adriatico looks like the race to watch although I will be dipping into both of course!
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Van Aert is out of Strade Bianche with illness I've read, so probably out of the T-A as well.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

Yorkshire lad done very good in Italy!