Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Bike Racing

MVDP was wearing nothing!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    MVDP was wearing nothing!
    He's 'ard.

Neither was Pidcock and, wimpy Yorkshire Leeds' lad that he is, he was complaining that with all the blisters he had he couldn't hold onto his bars near the finish.

There was some discussion during the Eurosport coverage about all this and, of course, many riders wear "mitts", ie gloves without finger ends.

And at Roubaix sometimes thicker or even double bar tape. I am having my bar tape replaced during my current Bianchi service and this can be surprisingly expensive. My tape in celeste can be around £80 - so, since I am not doing Roubaix next year - I will settle for just a single thickness.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 08-04-2024 at 06:05 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Graham, you are being done - I'll do it for £50.

I saw Pidcock's post along with graphic pics and just thought why weren't you wearing mitts?
    I do if only to give my old arthritic finger joints some protection and in warmer weather it affords a better grip. In fact I can't think of a time when I would ride a bike without some kind of hand protection.
    Maybe it's the same to professional riders as elite fell runners who turn up to races in midwinter in nothing but a vest and the scimpiest of shorts.
    Last edited by PeteS; 08-04-2024 at 07:01 PM.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast