Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fellrunning dreams/nightmares

fellrunning dreams/nightmares

I'm getting sick of slow motion car crash nightmares of a fell running nature, it's screwing with my sleep.

So last night i went to a race, arrived late, with incorrect kit, and missed the start after improvising some kit including a map. I found myself in a slow group at the rear and was happy to tag along as my kit was insufficient. I was wearing mudclaws at the late start, but kept on finding myself in wellies. Navigational sections of the route involved bizarre obstacles such as wrecked cars and instances of doubling back unintentionally were commonplace. Later i found myself in the house of a stranger and unable to find a way out; i had lost my map and my pack with snacks and stuff in it, and the group i was with had deserted me having made off out of the back door of the stranger's house. It ended in zero visibility with me trying to ascend a wooden plank coated in frost and verglas, i had no kit and had no idea where i was.

I'm bored to death of this, it's beyond a joke, my mind hates me.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I have had the occasional dream involving running, but for me, cycling is a more common theme of nightmares, generally involving brake failure.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

I have dreams of brake failure in cars, all involving rolling downhill backwards.

I sometimes have dreams of not being able to find the right kit and/or get there on time.

Master
    For me it is skiing - so much that you actually need to do before you finally get on the snow - if there is any.

I think the rest of you have quite nice dreams compared to me, i seem to be the white crow.

Well I now know what white crow means. Thanks - every day's a school day.

Mine was being beaten to a race prize by someone in an older age category - although I mainly had that nightmare when I was awake.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 16-02-2023 at 07:17 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

For 15 years I had a recurring nightmare that I was trying to race with my left foot in concrete (or something similar) and I was dragging my leg behind me.

It wasn't until the end of the 15 years, when I was seeing consultant surgeons, that I discovered that my biomechanical problems meant that I actually was dragging my left leg to some degree. The nightmares ended with surgery.

Now I just have nightmares of Graham catching me on my bike!

You are not alone Luke

I have had two particularly stressful jobs. Both cash flow related and the first more than just cash. I could cope during the day with both jobs but...

The first caused severe back problems and was only sorted by a chiropractor and leaving the job

The second gave me weird dreams, concerned with only being able to move very slowly. Might have been running or trying to sort a problem out. So slow I couldn't react as fast as my mind

Common denominator being the job

Waddya think?