Thread: Your post will not be visible ...

Your post will not be visible ...

I tried to make a post in the 'Bike racing' thread early yesterday evening, when I received the following message:

Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.

The message has not become visible, so at first glance it would appear as though it has not been approved but I have not been told why. I am somewhat perplexed by this, as it was not political or offensive, (although Graham might be offended by me mentioning Ineos ), just a straightforward response to Witton Park.

I actually suspect it is probably an intermittent fault with the forum software. Has anyone else received such a message recently and had their post cancelled?

I've also been experiencing problems posting on the forum...hence I hardly post these days.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Strange. I've passed your message on - hopefully it's a simple fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    I've also been experiencing problems posting on the forum...hence I hardly post these days.
    It's really disappointing to read that the problems you are experiencing with the forum are preventing you from posting, as you are the most talented writer on the forum and your tales of adventure, misadventure, and, er, other things, are greatly enjoyed here. I hope that the problems can be rectified, so we can enjoy again your great prose.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Strange. I've passed your message on - hopefully it's a simple fix.
    Thanks.

In 14 years it's the first time I've seen it, but it does make you feel like your being victimised and may make people think they're being censored, and they're unwelcome, when they're not.

EDIT: My post has now become visible in its entirety. Thanks for that
    Last edited by Marco; 11-05-2023 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Further info to add

I've never had that one, and as part of the working group that were consulted over the future of the forum, i don't think anyone should get those messages, especially new members.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    Are you at fairfield, daz? I've set myself an ambitious target time, the mind is willing but the flesh might prove weak.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Administrator
    Hi all, as emailed to Noel, we don't have any restrictions or moderations on posts or users of a certain level (i.e. seems a genuine account, has made posts in the past, etc) so not sure why you are receiving this message. I will ask our developer to have a look into it and please let me know directly if you have any further issues.

All the best,

Jamie

Just got this message myself, your post will not be visible until a moderator has viewed it.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    I've never had that one, and as part of the working group that were consulted over the future of the forum, i don't think anyone should get those messages, especially new members.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Just got this message myself, your post will not be visible until a moderator has viewed it.
    Welcome to the club. I wonder who the next person to get it will be?

Does seem to point to an intermittent fault with the forum software though