Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Parkrun

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Did the Parkrun at Warwick Racecourse this morning.... my first parkrun since (i think) July of last year.

18:37.... was very pleased with that given the heat... fastest time at Warwick by a long way, and only 3 seconds short of my quickest parkrun time....

Not sure how much time the heat cost, but surely 15-20 seconds, which would put me in 5km pb territory (18:14)

After a brief dalliance with the top 3, settled into 5th for the remainder... at the halfway hairpin i was rather alarmed to find about 5 runners within 10 yards just behind, poised for the kill... but the most pleasing aspect for me was how i held my pace in the 2nd half, and i must've finished 50-100 yards in front of them by the end.
    Good work old lad. I fade terribly in the second half, no speed endurance.

Did a local parkrun this morning.

A significantly tougher course than last weekend at Warwick, and not a full 100% effort like last week... but i was still pushing fairly hard, probably 90% effort.

It was much cooler than last week which helped a great deal.

Was hoping vaguely for "around 19mins" so was fairly content with 19:08 and 4th place.... came under some pressure from a young whipper-snapper towards the end, but a well positioned hill gave me the cushion needed to see him off.
    Last edited by Travs; 16-09-2023 at 10:25 AM.

I volunteered at Chevin Forest parkrun this morning and was tail walker. Recorded my slowest ever time, but still managed to be first in my age group.

We had a parkrun based session today.

Coventry Parkrun, then straight into 8 x 150mtr hill reps.

Did the Parkrun in 18:40 which was quite pleasing considering there's been no let up in training this week. Also kept it consistent throughout.... at halfway i was on 18:45 pace, so ran similar for the 2nd half.

The hill reps were very tough.... i was the slowest guy in the group this morning, hung on as long as i could, but after 5 reps i was gone and i fell off the back of the group a bit.

9.5 miles for a very satisfactory session.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Cliffe Castle parkrun in Keighley - three times up 'The Cliffe' is bloody hard whether you're running hard or taking it easy.

Bramley will be back on the much favoured winter course soon, FYI.

New parkrun world record for a 9 year old! Pretty fast too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cmj5l612080o

Another Parkrun based session this morning.

There was a bit of inter-club rivalry, as another of the endurance groups turned up for a similar Parkrun/reps session.... we showed them what time it was though, picking up 2nd/3rd/myself in 11th, with their first guy just in front of me in 10th.

I ran 18:50.... suffered a little through going out a bit hard, chasing the Godiva guy from the other group... held onto him for 2km but he pulled away slowly and probably beat me by 20-30secs.... that said, my 2nd lap was only 10secs slower than the first lap.

Then 8 x 150mtr hill reps... this was actually more unpleasant than the parkrun... really tough on tired legs.

Overall another pleasing session at the back end of a tough week. 9.5 miles.
    Last edited by Travs; 28-10-2023 at 11:36 AM.

526 people at Roberts Park parkrun this morning, on a shortened winter course of 3 laps. There is a ginnel from the nature trail back to the park which is chocka with people on their 2nd lap as you're coming in to finish, it was a very congested last 200. The park is very nice with many Victorian features, and a cafe opening at 8am that has some good ornate period tile work. Have to do the longer summer route some time.

Roberts is a lovely park and parkrun. My son and his fiancé were there this morning too - you beat them Mr B. The summer course is much less congested at the pinch point.
    I was ploughing through the mud at Chevin Forest, no congestion and a pleasing 26.59.