Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Parkrun

Mud? Where, the middle path?

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Interestingly the FRA hasn't yet corrected the record from the trans athlete a few years back.

The Parkrun issue has kicked up a stink with the like of Mara Yamauchi, even Martina Navratilova wading in accusing them of a cop out.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Ahh...Right. All set. Just sat down with me cuppa and a whole packet of McVitie's digestives...
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Ahh...Right. All set. Just sat down with me cuppa and a whole packet of McVitie's digestives...
    Oh crumbs

prepare to be offended
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I decided to remind myself how painful a 5km run can be (compared to longer runs where the pace is slower). So I went to Beacon Hill parkrun today; only my second outing at this venue (and my first experience of parkrunning in clag), and I was pleased with a time only 28 seconds slower than last September. The crowding at the start didn't prevent me adopting my usual tactic of going off too fast and getting into oxygen debt, but after being passed by a large number of runners (including a bloke being pulled along at a tremendous speed by a whippet on a canicross harness), I settled into a good rhythm. I passed several runners on the second climb, at the back of the hill, but about five passed me in the last 200 metres, including a JW11-14 girl and a VW45-49 woman; Mr B would never have allowed that! I finished first VM65-69, but it is annoying that age category records have been expunged; I would like to know if last September's effort still has me as all-time 4th fastest VM65-69 on this course.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    I finished first VM65-69 but it is annoying that age category records have been expunged; I would like to know if last September's effort still has me as all-time 4th fastest VM65-69 on this course.
    Anthony, this is what happens when organisations don't have the balls to tell the woke brigade to shove off.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Anthony, this is what happens when organisations don't have the balls to tell the woke brigade to shove off.
    Don't have the balls! But isn't actually (literally) having them what the fracas is all about?

Extremely interesting interview with Debbie Hayton by Brendan O'Neil on these issues here.

https://audioboom.com/posts/8458357-...exual-apostate

Debbie Hayton (ex 'dad' with 3 kids who has had the full chop), author of Transsexual Apostate: My Journey Back to Reality, talks to Brendan O’Neill about why women should have their own spaces and the real reason so many men are identifying as women.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Petition to reinstate the age category records and other statistics: https://www.change.org/p/reinstate-s...l-participants
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Petition to reinstate the age category records and other statistics: https://www.change.org/p/reinstate-s...l-participants
    Signed it a bit back