Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Championship Races 2024

Just received my WFRA race calendar today. Disappointed to find that three of the seven championship races are on the same weekend as English championship races.

My plan is to give the English championships a bash this year as they have a M65 category whereas the WFRA only have a M60 but with only 4 races from the 7 to count I might still have a go at defending my title!
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 24-12-2023 at 10:41 AM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Just received my WFRA race calendar today. Disappointed to find that three of the seven championship races are on the same weekend as English championship races.

My plan is to give the English championships a bash this year as they have a M65 category whereas the WFRA only have a M60 but with only 4 races from the 7 to count I might still have a go at defending my title!
    Mmmh. This made me wonder who has won the most English Champs. individual gold medals in all age categories. The FRA website does not appear to readily provide the answer but I assume it is Ian Holmes.

I hope so anyway since I forecast this in an article around 15 years ago.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Has anyone here managed to enter Lads Leap on 6th April yet? The race listing says entry open now, but when you follow the link it says that entries are temporarily on hold and will re-open soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooders View Post
    Has anyone here managed to enter Lads Leap on 6th April yet? The race listing says entry open now, but when you follow the link it says that entries are temporarily on hold and will re-open soon.
    I'd be surprised if entries are open yet if its a champs race, despite what the listing says.

It will be open for a week from a notified date, just for people on guaranteed entry list. Then the following week for FRA members, then open to all the following week.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I'd be surprised if entries are open yet if its a champs race, despite what the listing says.

It will be open for a week from a notified date, just for people on guaranteed entry list. Then the following week for FRA members, then open to all the following week.
    Probably right Travs, just checking that I hadn't missed it as I had not been watching until today.

The Welsh Champs look absolutely superb this year.

Typical the first year for ages i won't be able to do Four Fans and its in the champs!

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    The Welsh Champs look absolutely superb this year.

Typical the first year for ages i won't be able to do Four Fans and its in the champs!
    They do Travs. I doubt I'll get enough counters in as I'm concentrating on the English this year.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

The inter-counties venue/course has also been confirmed.

Fitz Park, Keswick.
    Latrigg - Lonscale Fell - Skiddaw Little Man