Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderation

I have somehow found myself to be a Moderator.

I've not noticed any more buttons but then again I've not looked for any.

Needless to say, I've Moderated zilch!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I haven't received any training, but when I was made a moderator there were extra buttons available. I think I've only used them twice so far. Once when we got one of those "click here to see sports supplements blah..." messages. And once earlier today to approve Mossdog's message.
    So do all posts, from everyone, get funnelled through for approval to a moderator 'on-duty' before they appear on the forum? (Be very careful how you answer that and you might seek legal advice: see

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/la...iscrimination/ )
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    So do all posts, from everyone, get funnelled through for approval to a moderator 'on-duty' before they appear on the forum?
    I think the answer has got to be 'No'. Whilst I try to keep my posts concise, on occasions where I have written rather a lot I have been able to log out and start reading my post, (to check for errors I couldn't see in the small editor screen), before anyone could have read all of it - unless we have an AI moderator

So do all posts, from everyone, get funnelled through for approval to a moderator 'on-duty' before they appear on the forum? (Be very careful how you answer that and you might seek legal advice: see

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/la...iscrimination/ )
    No, and that's the weird thing - you keep getting flagged for moderation but not others. And I can't see any reason.

It would be more interesting if this were because you were on some secret list run by the illuminati and lizard people (that issue of Morning Star you once bought when you were 19). But I suspect it's something a lot more boring than that - to do with browser settings or IP addresses.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    But I suspect it's something a lot more boring than that - to do with browser settings or IP addresses.
    Huh! That's exactly what THEY want you to think.
    Am Yisrael Chai

I think that there are trigger words that result in automatic need for mod approval if you type them, something to deter spammers.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Tried to post a new thread earlier (about signage/junk on the fells)- several attempts and again message saying needing to wait for moderation, but with the thread disappearing again and never being posted. Tech hitch or a mod being selective as to who can post?
    Maybe it's due to the strapline at the bottom of your posts. Though I have sympathy with Israeli's that have suffered in the recent conflict, I have much more sympathy for the Palestinians who have suffered years of abuse from a much more powerful and bullying Isreal.

Bet you wear your poppy with pride too Matt!
    Am Yisrael Chai

Let's not let this thread go into that debate. But, I wondered that too. Although MattPo, your post didn't get flagged for moderation.

Bet you wear your poppy with pride too Matt!
    I'm a proud Guardian reading, Radio 4 listening member of the Wokeraty (mind you, I'm not keen on Tofu). Fell running is a broad church and some of us Pinko lefties love getting muddy and having fun in the hills. Let's hope the Forum also remains a broad church!