Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Moderation

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Let's not let this thread go into that debate. But, I wondered that too. Although MattPo, your post didn't get flagged for moderation.
    Taking 24 hrs. or there abouts, for some of my posts to get through - to be "judged" clear (we'll see what happens to this one). This Included such 'seditious' posts as the Today's Extraordinary Encounter (24 hrs or so) and the insurrectionary posting of a poem in the Today's Poets section this morning - still awaiting the censor's stamp of approval.

Can we please have some transparency on how the moderation process functions?

What criteria is used/has been used to 'flag' some members of the forum?
    Am Yisrael Chai

I read somewhere, the Israelis have rockets to protect their people and Hamas have people to protect their rockets.
    Seemed reasonable.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Taking 24 hrs. or there abouts, for some of my posts to get through - to be "judged" clear (we'll see what happens to this one). This Included such 'seditious' posts as the Today's Extraordinary Encounter (24 hrs or so) and the insurrectionary posting of a poem in the Today's Poets section this morning - still awaiting the censor's stamp of approval.

Can we please have some transparency on how the moderation process functions?

What criteria is used/has been used to 'flag' some members of the forum?
    I did approve your "Today's Extraordinary Encounter" thread. I'm still not sure why some are being flagged for moderation. I don't think any criteria have been set. I suspect it's something to do with general forums settings that somehow are being applied to you.

I'm all for transparency - what else do you want to know?

We previously suspected it was your signature. Maybe you could start a thread called "just testing" with your signature as it is now, and if that gets flagged, you could then repeat with your signature changed?

I did approve your "Today's Extraordinary Encounter" thread. I'm still not sure why some are being flagged for moderation. I don't think any criteria have been set. I suspect it's something to do with general forums settings that somehow are being applied to you.

I'm all for transparency - what else do you want to know?

We previously suspected it was your signature. Maybe you could start a thread called "just testing" with your signature as it is now, and if that gets flagged, you could then repeat with your signature changed?
    Thanks for the reply Noel. It's not my signature condemning the evil atrocities at the pogrom of October 7th. It was happening well before I changed it following those shocking events. I can't believe there are too many neo- Nazis programming the algorithm of the FRA forum ! But hey, we live in crazy times with the world turned on its head!
    Am Yisrael Chai

That's a good point. OK then, what browser do you use? and/or do you post from your phone?

I'm asking like I have some knowledge here. I certainly don't, but perhaps we could narrow it down.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I'm wondering why Mossdog's posts on the "Today's Sally" thread aren't being flagged for moderation. They're deeply offensive to those of us weaklings who haven't a hope of ever doing that stuff.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

That's a good point. OK then, what browser do you use? and/or do you post from your phone?

I'm asking like I have some knowledge here. I certainly don't, but perhaps we could narrow it down.
    Safari, Firefox, Brave and different combinations of VPN on/off.

Still no poem posted on the poetry thread from last week (it wasn't that awful!)
    Am Yisrael Chai

Just had one attempt on the general fellrunning thread sent to the moderators despite attempting to post on all 3 browsers.
    Am Yisrael Chai

And these seem to be posting well!
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Just had one attempt on the general fellrunning thread sent to the moderators despite attempting to post on all 3 browsers.
    I didn't see that one. Perhaps someone else approved it?