I'm drafting up a manifesto for 2024 General Election. I did one in 2017 and circulated among friends on Facebook and it was reasonably well received, even by some staunch labour supporters.

So I'm going to set out a few policy ideas here and hopefully you'll have a look and feedback.

Here's my opening so far.

Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
JFK 1961 Inaugural address.
Every individual necessarily labours to render the annual revenue of society as great as he can. He generally neither intends to promote the public interest, nor knows how much he is promoting it. He intends only his own gain, and he is, in this, as in many other cases, led by an invisible hand to promote an end which was no part of his intention.
Adam Smith 1776

My Manifesto for the coming 2024 General Election.

John F Kennedy’s speech was made before I was born, over 60 years ago, but a read through made me realise how fitting it is in tone for the current times as more people are now looking to the State for solutions than ever before, perhaps forgetting that the state is the taxpayer. It is us.

The Adam Smith quote sets out how hard-working, honest folk doing the best for themselves and their family has a knock-on effect to wider society.

It’s my firm belief that every UK citizen should look to leave this world having shown intent to put more into it than they take out. It will not always be the case and perhaps cannot always be the case, but the intent should be there and the system should recognise that.