Thread: Leeds Marathon

Leeds Marathon

Spent the morning watching this as it passed the bottom of our road, and my son was running his first marathon. Lot's of my club members were doing it. Otley AC was done proud by Scott coming in second. My son got round in 3hrs 55 mins and was pleased and shocked. He still has to beat his dads performance in his first marathon - 3hrs 30 in the Snowdon marathon in 1984. I'm booked to do it again in October - 40th anniversary - I bet I'm a bit slower!

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    Spent the morning watching this as it passed the bottom of our road, and my son was running his first marathon. Lot's of my club members were doing it. Otley AC was done proud by Scott coming in second. My son got round in 3hrs 55 mins and was pleased and shocked. He still has to beat his dads performance in his first marathon - 3hrs 30 in the Snowdon marathon in 1984. I'm booked to do it again in October - 40th anniversary - I bet I'm a bit slower!
    Who cares that you will be slower. Just getting around 40 years later will be a great achievement.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell