Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emmylou

Emmylou

I'm not sure if any of you knew, I certainly didn't and its knocked me for 6. I cant see another post on here but I've seen a few forumites post on her FB page

Emmy was such a regular on here in the old days, and will be sorely missed.

This taken from her FB page from Michael Gregory

Firstly, I'm sorry if this post knocks you a bit but many of you'll be aware that Emma passed away on the 30th Dec 2022, some of you may not know she did.
    It's taken some time to look at her social media channels, and as a family we've decided to take them down at the end of April.
    You'll all know that Em was an incredible woman, friend, wife, mother, daughter and aunt, and to ensure she is remembered, we've established the Orange Foundation. We set it up to remember her and also to help others like her who lived with cancer.
    You can visit the website at www.theorange-foundation.org and please feel free to follow the Foundation's social channels.
    A good friend of the family, Garth Dew, has decided to run the Kendal to Preston ultra as the Foundation's first fundraiser, so if you'd like to contribute, you can do so by visiting:
    https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/garths50miler
    Again, sorry if this post has come out of the blue.
    Thank you
    Michael Gregory.

I only really knew her from the Forum. Was she one of the Ponies? She passed me I think during Duddon quite a few years back, the only time we had a natter as she encouraged me as I was struggling with cramp.
    Such sad news.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

That's sad. Fell pony and XOTF regular.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    I'm not sure if any of you knew, I certainly didn't and its knocked me for 6. I cant see another post on here but I've seen a few forumites post on her FB page

Emmy was such a regular on here in the old days, and will be sorely missed.

This taken from her FB page from Michael Gregory

Firstly, I'm sorry if this post knocks you a bit but many of you'll be aware that Emma passed away on the 30th Dec 2022, some of you may not know she did.
    It's taken some time to look at her social media channels, and as a family we've decided to take them down at the end of April.
    You'll all know that Em was an incredible woman, friend, wife, mother, daughter and aunt, and to ensure she is remembered, we've established the Orange Foundation. We set it up to remember her and also to help others like her who lived with cancer.
    You can visit the website at www.theorange-foundation.org and please feel free to follow the Foundation's social channels.
    A good friend of the family, Garth Dew, has decided to run the Kendal to Preston ultra as the Foundation's first fundraiser, so if you'd like to contribute, you can do so by visiting:
    https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/garths50miler
    Again, sorry if this post has come out of the blue.
    Thank you
    Michael Gregory.
    Ian

Thank you. I knew her a little to chat to. Very sad.

Graham
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Many thanks Ian, I remember her from one of the FRA navigation weekends then being so proud of using her new found skills on some long events. I also had no idea.
    A circular route mostly downhill

So long Em, as a follower on Instagram and friend on fb I saw your fearless battle first hand and, when you dropped off the radar, I sort of assumed the worst

I still remember our epic HPM recce in thigh deep blizzard conditions, with IanDarkPeak too and others, along with your rufty tufty dog Dave, with his little cow bell

Very sad news. Thanks for letting us know. I only knew her through the forum, but her warmth shone through. My thoughts are with her family.

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    So long Em, as a follower on Instagram and friend on fb I saw your fearless battle first hand and, when you dropped off the radar, I sort of assumed the worst

I still remember our epic HPM recce in thigh deep blizzard conditions, with IanDarkPeak too and others, along with your rufty tufty dog Dave, with his little cow bell
    A proper epic that day, but remember piling down jackets on her when we got back into the landy.

My other fond memory of Emmy that always makes me smile, I led a reccie of the Edale Skyline, The dogs bell was driving me nuts fortunately the the clapper fell out half way round, She got abit annoyed about it as she'd have to buy another, It wasn't until we returned to the car 3 hours later that I mentioned I'd filled the bell with sheep droppings..She gave me a roasting but did see the funny side...

I also remember her determination on the BG, They'd gone astray on leg two and Daz and I pushed her to the limit on leg 3 to recover the time. we pulled back an hour I think. She was it tears and broken at Wasdale and I thought she was done, No chance now ....But that determination and fight saw her to the finish..tough girl I've never underestimated any body again

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post

I also remember her determination on the BG, They'd gone astray on leg two
    Oh, how I remember that!!

I remember that Emma had also stopped at Blands on the way up to the start and bought a new pair of Walshes

She wore them all the way round

What spirit!

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    Oh, how I remember that!!

I remember that Emma had also stopped at Blands on the way up to the start and bought a new pair of Walshes

She wore them all the way round

What spirit!
    Mudclaw 270s?
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent