Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: All LDWA events thread.

If you let me have your email address i will send you an application form. it gives you the cp grid refs so you can work out the route (thats what i did) and will be doing a part recci tommorow
    Chris

Question Winter Tanners 20 / 30 miles Jan 14th - Surrey

Anyone doing this? I'm going to do the 30 with a few Club Mates. Done this Winter version 5-6 times now, new route every year, normally quite hilly. Only 2 CPs with minimal food (rich tea biscuits and weak squash from a car boot). Narrative route description.

Organised by Surrey LDWA

I'll be the one with the brand new Flyrocs - decided I needed a decent pair of off road shoes as my road shoes would not be up to the job despite a sterling performance on the (dry) LDWA 3 Forests 100km in October.

Cheers,

Simon
    Last edited by Trail Wraith; 07-01-2007 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Corrected typo

Quote Originally Posted by chris brown View Post
    I'm aiming on doing the 2 Crosses on the 14th - 25 if my gammy leg holds out. I did a half recci last week end over Turton Moor and Entwistle REs from Hawkshaw - very boggy in parts. I may do the Eastern half next weekend. Where does the course go for the shorter option? Also where is the route from cp 3 - got lost there?
    Regards
    Chris
    The split comes at the end of the long track after turton tower. The 24 mile route carries on up the road. The 18 mile route turns right and goes across the fields to entwistle barn, past the pub, down the hill a bit and then left through a gate. Down to the river,turn left after the 1st bridge and up the fields to the darwen to edgeworth road. Cross this and go up moorside road. Turn left at a farm track about .5 mile up this road. From the back of the farm across some fields to join a track to get you onto the road whch eventually takes you up to the old maggott farm and then trudge across the back of bull hill. The route is along the edge of the firing range towards the tower, down through the woods to the entrance to the firing range.Across the road, through some fields to the golf course, up through the housing estate onto the main road and across to the old railway line down to the finish

Two Crosses

Quote Originally Posted by chris brown View Post
    If you let me have your email address i will send you an application form. it gives you the cp grid refs so you can work out the route (thats what i did) and will be doing a part recci tommorow
    Chris
    Hi Chris

Is there any chance you could email me a copy of the form/CPS too?
    I really want to do this one but will reserve the decision until I see
    how tough it is!

Many thanks.

Hi there
    If you email [email protected] Stephen Lloyd is the contact for East Lanc ldwa and he will send you an application/entry form this will have the cps listed) or send me pm with your email
    chris

2 Crosses

Quote Originally Posted by sheeplover View Post
    The split comes at the end of the long track after turton tower. The 24 mile route carries on up the road. The 18 mile route turns right and goes across the fields to entwistle barn, past the pub, down the hill a bit and then left through a gate. Down to the river,turn left after the 1st bridge and up the fields to the darwen to edgeworth road. Cross this and go up moorside road. Turn left at a farm track about .5 mile up this road. From the back of the farm across some fields to join a track to get you onto the road whch eventually takes you up to the old maggott farm and then trudge across the back of bull hill. The route is along the edge of the firing range towards the tower, down through the woods to the entrance to the firing range.Across the road, through some fields to the golf course, up through the housing estate onto the main road and across to the old railway line down to the finish
    Sheeplover - thanks for the info - are you doing the long one on Sunday?

Tandem

Am I the only one on here doing the Tandem on Sat?

hebden

well done at hebden duracell.

did you go wrong at all? it was a very busy route i must have lost 10 mins running in the wrong direction.

good day though. will be there next year.

Mate of mine was walking at Hebden, he just phoned this evening to say how much he enjoyed it (except the weather and mud ). Reckoned it was a very good route, very well organised and a must do for next year. Also very well attended ..... all these damn runners turning up everywhere
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Any route description for Two crosses on Sunday anywhere? Ta x