Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: All LDWA events thread.

Graeme

Re: All LDWA events thread.

I walked the full one when I was 16, and that was hard enough I think it took us about 15 hours, started at about half 5, finished somewhere around 8 half 8. It was a baking hot day and me and my mum ended up with sun stroke. If I could do that then why am I so unfit now
    Seriously though, it's just long, there isn't a huge amount of climbing in it for the distance.
    I quite fancied running the half way this year, I think I'm another 18 months off being able to do the full route.

Also two crosses entries are out, not done it before but the Mrs did it last year and says it's a goody!

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    I quite fancied running the half way this year, I think I'm another 18 months off being able to do the full route.

Also two crosses entries are out, not done it before but the Mrs did it last year and says it's a goody!
    Sorry, two crosses? Which one is that and where?

I think you are right with doing the half, it is at least acheivable for me, as I know the section from Grane Road back to Bleakholt so only have to get to know the first part. Plus I am sadly lacking on the fitness front at the moment So I may take the soft option of the half as well!
    www.vlaevents.co.uk Fancy something different?

Graeme

Two crosses starts from Tottington High School, up to affetside, round jumbles and wayoh (I think?) before coming back to crowthorn scholl, round the back of Bull Hill, past Pilgrim's cross, the 2nd cross (the first one is near affetside,) past peel tower, down to redisher woods, past greenmount golf course, (I think) back to Tottington.
    Didn't realise it was the first half of the Rossendale Way, might do it unless it clashes with something else.

Two crosses starts from Tottington High School, up to affetside, round jumbles and wayoh (I think?) before coming back to crowthorn scholl, round the back of Bull Hill, past Pilgrim's cross, the 2nd cross (the first one is near affetside,) past peel tower, down to redisher woods, past greenmount golf course, (I think) back to Tottington.
    A few did that from Radcliffe and said it was a good one. Might do that myself.
    Didn't realise it was the first half of the Rossendale Way, might do it unless it clashes with something else.
    Am looking at a copy of the check points from last year and they started the half at Deerplay PH, ending it at Bleakholt, but going anti clockwise. I am presuming they keep it this way but who know!! Hope they keep it the same otherwise there will have to be alot of recces out!
    www.vlaevents.co.uk Fancy something different?

Anyone coming to Wales for the "Real Ale Ramble" this coming weekend - walks/runs on both Saturday and Sunday with FREE BEER at checkpoints :thumbup: :thumbup:.

Actually, it isn't an official ldwa event, which is probably why nobody here knows about it, but a good excuse to resurrect my thread!
    http://www.green-events.co.uk/events.html?page=2&id=51
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Reservoir Roundabout (Elan Valleys) this coming Saturday, I know some of you have done it in the past, but this year is a tribute to Carl Edwards who died this spring whilst leading a walk over the Elan Valleys. Carl organised the event this last few years and I think many will be there to pay their respects to Carl.

http://www.ldwa.org.uk/challenge_eve...event_id=10531

Now that looks good! Wish I'd known sooner.

A nice 20+ mile jog out, and it wasn't raining :w00t:. The hot sausage sandwich and tea at checkpoint was unanimously voted :thumbup:, we even had some views and visibility in the Elan valleys!!!

I'm doing the Winter Tanners L.D.W.A in Surrey this W/E coming anybody else doing it on here. Visiting a friend in London so while I was down thought I would have a go, be rude not to.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Masham Man View Post
    I'm doing the Winter Tanners L.D.W.A in Surrey this W/E coming anybody else doing it on here. Visiting a friend in London so while I was down thought I would have a go, be rude not to.
    Have a good one MM. Blubbershouses 25 is on my radar
    Poacher turned game-keeper