Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hydration Bladder Hygiene

Re: Hydration Bladder Hygiene

With Inov8's H20 bladder you never need to clean it, the website says it's bacteria free. I'm not sure that I believe them though, so I try to clean it by putting my false teeth water in it and swilling it around as others have mentioned. I've not put it in the freezer yet, but I can see the merits. If I fill it with water first it'll last a while longer on the run as well.

Seriously though, I can't for the life of me get this bloody thing dry. Anyone found a good way to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by haworth hobbler View Post
    After use, wash out and then chuck in the deep freeze. Little bugs don,t breed in the freezing cold, could you?!
    They don't breed but they don't die, so soon as you warm them up and give them a bit of nutrient they will start breeding again.

DAZZAD

Quote Originally Posted by vacuumseal View Post
    Wow £1.12 each..!! I think i'll stick to my 30 for a pound denture cleansing tablets. They contain the same active ingredients..
    Cleansing tablets usually contain perborate whilst these produce chlorine dioxide.

DAZZAD

Just joined the forum , haven't done a fell race yet, bit of XC and a few 10k/ half marathons mostly do Duathlons ,and all of my posts have been about work !!!

Dazzad - could you give us the chemistry lesson? Chlorine dioxide is better for us than perborate because...

And special forum prices for these fancy tabs?

About the Inov8 H20...
    Seriously though, I can't for the life of me get this bloody thing dry. Anyone found a good way to do so?
    Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by sapper View Post
    Dazzad - could you give us the chemistry lesson? Chlorine dioxide is better for us than perborate because...

And special forum prices for these fancy tabs?

About the Inov8 H20...

Anyone?
    Chlorine dioxide has a wider range of activity than perborate i.e it will kill yeasts and moulds rather than just bacteria.
    It also removes the "biofilm" that builds up in the bladder, perborate doesn't

As far as special prices are concerned, i , when i get to do some running will have to pay the same price as you guys.

DAZZAD