Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Great Manchester Rip Off

Re: Great Manchester Rip Off

I remember last year I was in Manchester, everyone seemed to be wearing foil blankets afterwards even though it was relatively warm day in May. Was that the case this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Wily Vet View Post
    On the negative side
    * obstructed running at the start in the orange wave for a lot of club runners due to 'wave jumpers' and far too many 'fun runners' too near the front often running in groups
    You should have been watching at the 1K mark where in spite of numerous spectators on the pavement it seemed that the pavement was fair game for a lot of the runners. Still the danger of getting mown down by a half wit runner was worth it as it enabled me to see some of the orange wave runners walking at this point, obviously they must have set off a bit quick and blown up

I saw numerous foil blankets on my way from Fallowfield to Uni on sunday, so yeah. Seems like 10k is a very exhausting distance these days.

Re Tim Don - Just read a thread on Letsrun.com that suggests that for missing 3 drugs tests Don would have faced a 2 year suspension from Athletics, but because his case was handled by the BTA (?) he only got a 3 month ban. The upshot of this is that if he wasn't a trathlete he would still be suspended and wouldn't be able to compete.

There's obvioulsy something not right about that situation, perhaps whilst sorting an EPO prescription out it would also be pertinent to fill out a BTA membership form, just in case?

Not quite....

Christine Ohuruogu got a one year ban for the same offence, and at virtually the same time as Tim Don.

And an Olympic ban? So Don can still represent GB in the Olympics at Athletics?

Missing tests needs to be sorted out in all sports. In football people have been found guilty of missing tests and fined, found guilty of missing tests and banned from 3 months - 8 months, and found guilty of actually usinmg drugs and banned from 3 months to a year.

It should be simple and consistent across all sports, but until its consistent within each discipline, what chance is there that we'll see consistency across disciplines.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravymuncher View Post
    And an Olympic ban? So Don can still represent GB in the Olympics at Athletics?
    He can now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...on/6690911.stm

david

Quote Originally Posted by NotOnUrHelly View Post
    I remember last year I was in Manchester, everyone seemed to be wearing foil blankets afterwards even though it was relatively warm day in May. Was that the case this year?
    It certainly was. For reasons totally unconnected with the run I happened to be in a cafe on Deansgate and saw lots of participants proudly wearing their blankets.

David,

For reasons totally unconnected with the run, I was in a cafe on Deansgate exactly a year ago when I saw all the blankets.