Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Polar battery replacements

Re: Polar battery replacements

I replaced my battery in my old Polar Hrm with one out of another watch it's a different battery but I managed to make it fit and it works.

And I replaced the battery in my chest strap thing as well, that was a bit more difficult and it involved cutting open the case, prising the old battery out as it was spot welded in then stuffing a new battery in and taping the whole thing back up and it works, but it's not pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by marshalini View Post
    I replaced my battery in my old Polar Hrm with one out of another watch it's a different battery but I managed to make it fit and it works.

And I replaced the battery in my chest strap thing as well, that was a bit more difficult and it involved cutting open the case, prising the old battery out as it was spot welded in then stuffing a new battery in and taping the whole thing back up and it works, but it's not pretty.
    Sounds like you may have invalidated the warantee!! My Polar Bike computer and sensors plus Heart Rate Moniter says that you must send it back to them to get the batteries replaced or else the warrantee is void!!!
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

polar watches use either cr2016 or cr 2025 batterys and are a doddle to change. buy mine from channel islands, 2 for around a quid.
    Short arms and deep pockets. A yorkshire man.

I got the battery on my old one replaced by a watch shop in the high street - it was out of warranty anyway. The watch wasn't the same after - it would reset itself if I washed it off in water & wasn't reliable in the rain

I send the new one to Polar nowadays. It's a pain and they usually recommending replacing the scratched screen at the same time.

My HRM is about 10 years old and had a CR 2032 in the transmitter. I don't know what was in the watch but the one out of my altimeter fitted with a bit of persuasion.

Just had the back off and it's got a CR2032 inside the watch now. The original must've been a CR2025 (just found out what the numbers mean CR 2032 = 20mm x 3.2mm - CR2025 = 20mm x 2.5mm etc)

The seal is wrecked and the the thing that makes the beeps is broken but all the other bits still work and as long as I dont go in the water it'll be alright for years to come.
    Last edited by marshalini; 22-10-2007 at 03:15 PM.

I've got an old Polar (think around 10 yrs or maybe more?) which I no longer use, simply 'cos I'd have to send the chest strap away to be changed. Can't remember what it cost but it was well expensive!

The one I do use is one I bought about three years ago from Lidl for 17 quid and which I can change the batteries in myself (watch and strap). It's got sod-all functionality but it's enough for me.

I need to watch my resting HR though, 'cos if it gets much lower (it's 42 now) the HRM'll think I'm dead - it doesn't measure below 40 bpm!!

fb

Are you sure you're not hibernating Fat Bloke?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........................

Makes no odds though - I'm still just as crap as I ever was, I just happen to be a crap runner with a slow heart rate!!

fb