Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do people carry bottled water

Question Do people carry bottled water

as a fashion accessory?

Everywhere I look nowadays I see people carrying small bottles of the stuff. Meterosexual men seem to be the main culprits but pretty much everybody is at it. Pretentious middle aged old men, students, fit girls, everyone. Even the chavs have got in on the act.

What is going on?
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Re: Do people carry bottled wa

PS - its not the actual physical requirement to consume liquid that winds me up, its that some have to carry it around facing the front (never in a bag or under their arm), however short a distance they are going, worn like a badge. I see poeple walking round with a bottle with about an eggcupful left in it, yet they cling to this bottle like their life literally does depend on it. Whats in there, insulin ?

Walk through Piccadilly in Manchester and you'll see hundreds of 'em, their checklist to walk across road must be :

got my poncey, pointless little schoolboy satchel/manbag thrown across shoulder

got my hair sculpting spritz

got my comically big scarf round my neck on a hot day (with t shirt)

got my flip flops on

got my plastic bottle with a teaspoon of water in it

Only now I am adequately equipped to walk to the cash machine.

I know you should always be equipped for the "urban jungle", but even the SAS can manage 3 minutes without an eggcup of water. Do they know something about survival that I dont ? Maybe thats why my hair doesnt stand up on end as well as theirs, lack of vitamins cos Im drinking the wrong water.

Presumably, these people, either live, or work, nearby. So why the need for an eggcup of water ? Why not go mad, have a change, and maybe, orange juice one day ? Or Vimto ? Or drink it at home, or with your lunch ? Or in the office ?

And before anyone starts with the "purity" argument, water in the North of England is amongst the best in the world, coming straight from the Pennines, peak district etc (the same as the £1.50 bottles of buxton spring.)

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    PS - its not the actual physical requirement to consume liquid that winds me up, its that some have to carry it around facing the front (never in a bag or under their arm), however short a distance they are going, worn like a badge. I see poeple walking round with a bottle with about an eggcupful left in it, yet they cling to this bottle like their life literally does depend on it. Whats in there, insulin ?

Walk through Piccadilly in Manchester and you'll see hundreds of 'em, their checklist to walk across road must be :

got my poncey, pointless little schoolboy satchel/manbag thrown across shoulder

got my hair sculpting spritz

got my comically big scarf round my neck on a hot day (with t shirt)

got my flip flops on

got my plastic bottle with a teaspoon of water in it

Only now I am adequately equipped to walk to the cash machine.

I know you should always be equipped for the "urban jungle", but even the SAS can manage 3 minutes without an eggcup of water. Do they know something about survival that I dont ? Maybe thats why my hair doesnt stand up on end as well as theirs, lack of vitamins cos Im drinking the wrong water.

Presumably, these people, either live, or work, nearby. So why the need for an eggcup of water ? Why not go mad, have a change, and maybe, orange juice one day ? Or Vimto ? Or drink it at home, or with your lunch ? Or in the office ?

And before anyone starts with the "purity" argument, water in the North of England is amongst the best in the world, coming straight from the Pennines, peak district etc (the same as the £1.50 bottles of buxton spring.)
    Pah bottled water is so last season!! This is the stuff you want....

http://www.buydehydratedwater.com/
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Danbert, you must be bored or had a bad day
    They use it to store their contact lenses in in case of grit in the eye!!!!!
    No, my SO says she stands at Picadilly with a bottle for 2 reasons
    1)to rehydrate the hang over (in the morning)
    2) to rehydrate all the starbucks coffee she has drunk during the day (evening)
    www.vlaevents.co.uk Fancy something different?

Better make sure they're not using Dihydrogen Monoxide!!... http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=1791960 ;-)
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Master and MR

danbert i wear flip flops from time to time, you know this

bottled water
    yes ive seen them , strutting about , loads of em in nottingham , you always find them in the best seats in pret a manger eating parship crisps and reading the times.

I just don't get it. I was on a train recently, and this metrosexual type (army jacket, pink t shirt, hairstyle like gene simmons) pulled a 1 litre mountain spring bottle out of his bag, took one sip, and put it back. it must have had about a teaspoon left, yet he saved it. Why carry it around ?

Am I missing something regarding my hydration ? doing something wrong ? I buy a drink, drink it, throw the empty bottle in the bin, then thats it for a couple of hours or so.

Why oh why this intraveneous drip method of hydration ? Via poncey, pretentious plastic bottle carried at all times like kidney dialysis ?

Flip flops Daz!!!!
    Last edited by Danbert Nocurry; 20-10-2007 at 09:02 PM.

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    I just don't get it. I was on a train recently, and this metrosexual type (army jacket, pink t shirt, hairstyle like gene simmons) pulled a 1 litre mountain spring bottle out of his bag, took one sip, and put it back. it must have had about a teaspoon left, yet he saved it. Why carry it around ?

Am I missing something regarding my hydration ? doing something wrong ? I buy a drink, drink it, throw the empty bottle in the bin, then thats it for a couple of hours or so.

Why oh why this intraveneous drip method of hydration ? Via poncey, pretentious plastic bottle carrid at all times like kidney dialysis ?
    it amazes me how much they bloody pay for it
    its water at the end of the day

Master and MR

What I do is refill the bottle afterwards - if I didn't have a lot left, then I would save a bit (little and often is better than big gulps, you know that), then at the next available opportunity I top up the bottle - mind you I would tend to use a soft drink rather than a water bottle as that's what I tend to buy. At the moment it would probably be a large GoSis one!

Hope I don't count as one of your ponces, especially as I'm wearing DPM trousers at the moment!!
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!