Page 381 of 422 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 4217

Thread: 8th annual XOTF

Re: 2012 DazH XOTF a beer?

I have had a serious setback

Last night I was on my way out to a yoga class and xmas do and mashed my knee on a gate. Someone must have closed it, it is on the path that leads to where I park my car. It is never closed so I had forgotten it was even there. I walked smack bang into it in the dark and my knee immediately started swelling up to football proportions. It was so painfull, I actually almost collapsed... Icing it 10 minutes every hour all last night, elevated it, ibuprofen, not a wink of sleep... Swelling has gone down a lot today and I can hobble on it now (could not weight bear last night).

Am hoping I will be able to drive on Friday, but may not make it to Darling Fell on my bike or even on foot on Saturday... Unless someone carried me... we will see, fingers crossed!
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Oh my goodness Hann! That is horrendous! If you can't drive then whereabouts are you? I am sure someone can at least carry you to Keswick, worst case scenario!

South Wales... If the colleague takes me to the station, I could take a train to say Manchester... Good thinking Onehill... Or Birmingham, Dom could pick me up in Birmingham if need be, I am sure...

Quote Originally Posted by OneHillWonder View Post
    Oh my goodness Hann! That is horrendous! If you can't drive then whereabouts are you? I am sure someone can at least carry you to Keswick, worst case scenario!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    I have had a serious setback

Last night I was on my way out to a yoga class and xmas do and mashed my knee on a gate. Someone must have closed it, it is on the path that leads to where I park my car. It is never closed so I had forgotten it was even there. I walked smack bang into it in the dark and my knee immediately started swelling up to football proportions. It was so painfull, I actually almost collapsed... Icing it 10 minutes every hour all last night, elevated it, ibuprofen, not a wink of sleep... Swelling has gone down a lot today and I can hobble on it now (could not weight bear last night).

Am hoping I will be able to drive on Friday, but may not make it to Darling Fell on my bike or even on foot on Saturday... Unless someone carried me... we will see, fingers crossed!
    Is the Gate OK
    Going to try again....

No idea, but as soon as I can I will remove it or hav it removed. Insane! Some passer by with OCD must have closed it? I have lived there 6 years and it has never been closed! It opens ahainst the wall of my chapel, so I never even notice it is there... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Managed to scrape my hand as well, as I went down with the pain

Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    Is the Gate OK

South Wales... If the colleague takes me to the station, I could take a train to say Manchester... Good thinking Onehill... Or Birmingham, Dom could pick me up in Birmingham if need be, I am sure...
    I suppose I could pick you up in Birmingham, but I'd rather not! If you went Abergavenny to Crewe, then I'll be heading in mostly the right direction with just a minor detour off the M6, rather than the wrong way to Birmingham, and it's a direct line so you wouldn't need to change trains which you would do if you went to Birmingham. Services seem to be roughly hourly on Friday and back on Sunday.

Sounds like a plan Will liaise with you on Thursday to see if it is needed or if I am fit to drive by then. x

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    I suppose I could pick you up in Birmingham, but I'd rather not! If you went Abergavenny to Crewe, then I'll be heading in mostly the right direction with just a minor detour off the M6, rather than the wrong way to Birmingham, and it's a direct line so you wouldn't need to change trains which you would do if you went to Birmingham. Services seem to be roughly hourly on Friday and back on Sunday.

Sounds like a plan Will liaise with you on Thursday to see if it is needed or if I am fit to drive by then. x
    Ok But hows the bloody Gate:w00t:
    Going to try again....

Dead meat!

Quote Originally Posted by amex View Post
    ok but hows the bloody gate:w00t:

Dead meat!
    I have sent martin a message to ensure he puts oil in his bag to rub down your leg!!

I can see you smiling now!
    Going to try again....