Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amsterdam to Telford

Re: Amsterdam to Telford

there's certainly a Featherbed lane in town - maybe they're more sophisticated now?

Shrewsbury is (proudly) unusual in not having changed it's 'Grope Lane' to the more PC 'Grape Lane'. Diehard Salopians..

agree with 1470 about the clubs. Shufflers are a nice crowd but Im not sure how formal their XC running is, I dont think they are in any leagues. All the other clubs are.
    Shrews AC - North Wales League
    Telford AC - NW League; Birmingham League Div 1
    Telford Harriers - Birmingham Div 4; North Staffs League.

Shrews AC and Telford AC have a large track % of people and a small adult membership; Shufflers & Telford Harriers are almost 100% adult clubs (well, physically anyway).
    Club nights I think are Mon/Wed for the Shufflers and Tues/ Thurs for us.
    All of the clubs have healthy 'off road' sections who take part in the local fell & MT races.

Thanks for the info guys.

I'll look forward to joining/competing (depending on which club!) with you...

Rob

Well I might be down at Telford Harriers on Tuesday night if I have settled in properly The web-site looks good and a structured training session is always good and I like the sound of the monthly handicap races. Ideally I would like to try and get a long off-roader in once a week once it gets lighter at nights. I am only there Mon-Friday.
    Last edited by johnnybike; 31-01-2007 at 05:04 PM.

Would be great to see you Johnnybike.Post on here if you are going to go and I'll make sure I'm there as well to say hello. Tuesdays - there's always a speedwork group plus usually a group doing 7 or so at reasonable pace.

Long off-roader....well, that's certainly my intention once the nights are lighter so would be happy to show you some routes on the Wrekin or further afield to the Long Mynd etc. I'm often to be found there at least one evening a week in the spring and summer
    Loving life in the Highlands

blog

Quote Originally Posted by Mr1470 View Post
    Would be great to see you Johnnybike.Post on here if you are going to go and I'll make sure I'm there as well to say hello. Tuesdays - there's always a speedwork group plus usually a group doing 7 or so at reasonable pace.
    I hope to be there on Tuesday night. PM sent. Look forward to meeting up

John