Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: Dunnerdale Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    369 entrants! https://www.sientries.co.uk/event.ph...&event_id=8515

I think they might have a record turn-out this year. Fingers crossed it's not to wet to park in the field.

I see a few forumites on the entry list. See you there.
    I'll look out for your head maze and beetroot stained clothing.

I normally get clearance to park on the road, my car is a joke on a wet field and surprisingly heavy to push for a little old Porsche.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

399 now

Amazing. But how many will actually turn up?

The website says 273 is the record: https://fellrace.org.uk/races/dunnerdale/

I'm praying for rain, it'll keep the numbers down.

Cheers to BC runners, looked like quite a busy day. Everyone went left over the bog on the way to CP3, i went over the lumps as that bog is heavy going after a lot of rain. I ended up gaining places as a result. The descents were crowded, probably because i was quite a long way further back than normal. Nice to meet you and Steph, Noel.

I don't recall ever seeing Noel in any race results before (probably as i didn't know his full name...!)

But looks like he's a good runner!

Noel vs MrB vs Tindersticks vs Travs could throw up some interesting forum battles next year...!

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I don't recall ever seeing Noel in any race results before (probably as i didn't know his full name...!)

But looks like he's a good runner!

Noel vs MrB vs Tindersticks vs Travs could throw up some interesting forum battles next year...!
    Ooh, dunno about that, Noel will win every time. I'll have to get my missing 8% of my V02 max back again, and you and tindersticks will have to wait for me a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Ooh, dunno about that, Noel will win every time. I'll have to get my missing 8% of my V02 max back again, and you and tindersticks will have to wait for me a couple of times.
    Aw shucks. Thanks Mr B. Great to meet you. And nice to chat to you, Charmian. It was good to know you'd be the one on The Knott, then I could introduce myself, fleetingly.

Another brilliant day put on for us by Black Combe. I remember one year being snowed on at the summit of Stickle Pike. In contract, this year's race felt like June.

I lost my customary 5 or 6 places on the descent. I was hoping to get a few back on the short road section, but my legs were empty by then.

It's filling up, my entry is in. Looking at my recovery since last year and my recent good run at Gt Wherny, i should be crossing the line quite close to my PB. I was losing time everywhere last year, i think if i can run all the way up to the base of the pike after the road crossing i'll be in with a shout. I need to keep entering races in the leadup and do more parkruns.

I've just entered as well, its in the Ambleside club champs this year. Not raced it before but recently did the Cumbrian Traverse which goes over the first two summits before heading to Caw. Seems nice and runnable which is how I like it.