Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waist packs?

Re: Waist packs?

I went to Sportsdirect ("Sports soccer" re-branded, following one of their many closing down sales...) in Regent Rd last night and hunted about for the bags. The Karrimor waist pack they stocked wasn't called the Raid 3 and was £6.75, but looked almost identical.

I didn't buy one as the water bottle is too far from the waist band, jiggling about too much when I tried it on, even with the straps tight. The material was also too light and flimsy.

ps. I've never been to such a scally shop. It made JJB seem like Harvey Nicholls in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by M.C View Post
    I went to Sportsdirect ("Sports soccer" re-branded, following one of their many closing down sales...) in Regent Rd last night and hunted about for the bags. The Karrimor waist pack they stocked wasn't called the Raid 3 and was £6.75, but looked almost identical.

I didn't buy one as the water bottle is too far from the waist band, jiggling about too much when I tried it on, even with the straps tight. The material was also too light and flimsy.

ps. I've never been to such a scally shop. It made JJB seem like Harvey Nicholls in comparison.
    ...and if it's anything like the one I bought from Soccerscene, the bottle tops leak and the zips bust after half a dozen uses....

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    ...and if it's anything like the one I bought from Soccerscene, the bottle tops leak and the zips bust after half a dozen uses....
    I've got one (given as a birthday present); I've replaced the bottle with a better one I already had. The zips have been fine and it's plenty big enough for a good long run or taking stuff to keep the kids going on a walk. My criticism of it is the length of the straps (both the waist band and the cinch straps); it could fit round me and my other half. One day I'll get round to cutting them down.

Cheers - Raymond