Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Standish Hall trail race

Re: Standish Hall trail race

see you there guys in my Helsby vest, say hi if you like
    http://helsbyrunningclub.wordpress.com/

i'll risk it for a biscuit

:w00t:

Have a good one guys, it's a road points race for Accy RR so there may be a few yellow Accy vests there. I have opted to go up to Dufton today instead, I like the look of them there hills.

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    Have a good one guys, it's a road points race for Accy RR so there may be a few yellow Accy vests there. I have opted to go up to Dufton today instead, I like the look of them there hills.

Have good run at the High Cup Nick Ady. I have been debating all week which one to do and have decided to go for the Standish Trail mainly due to the closeness in distance. Them hills do look great at Dufton. Sinatra and Tryfan are off to Dufton today as well.

I hope you two enjoyed the extended course today when we all followed the leaders of course on the first lap. I had a fair idea where we should have turned off in the woods but didnt have the bottle to go for it on my own so i followed the rest of the sheep.

Comparing my time to the race in October i reckon we did nearly a mile extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    I hope you two enjoyed the extended course today when we all followed the leaders of course on the first lap. I had a fair idea where we should have turned off in the woods but didnt have the bottle to go for it on my own so i followed the rest of the sheep.

Comparing my time to the race in October i reckon we did nearly a mile extra.
    Yes, really enjoyed this race today a bit tougher than I was expecting but a good course to do. My Garmin clocked it at 6.9 miles today. Tough when you reach the top of the steps and hit that muddy field. Some good climbs and descents on this one. Would do this one again even with the extended distance we did today.

Accrington RR had a couple of good performances, Sarah got 1st Lady and Graham Morris placed well - looking forward to the club fell series against him - bring it on!!

Results from today - Fast service again

http://www.ukresults.net/2008/standfeb.html

Looks a good day for the Accrington runners Ady! Was trying hard but just couldnt catch Graham Morris, those yellow vests help through the woods. This is a good trail race, I expect the extra distance shocked a few people, but it's a good way of pushing yourself not knowing it's a mile longer. Would have been interesting if some people had gone the correct way. Strange how it happened though considering it had lots of friendly marshalls at each corner. I enjoyed the route, was fun to jump over the branches and duck under them too. Hopefully the legs will be ok for tomorrows xc. Well done Dave, looked strong at the end.
    http://helsbyrunningclub.wordpress.com/

i'll risk it for a biscuit

:w00t:

Well done Harrymoon another good run by you today. Not feeling to bad tonight planning on doing the Lostock 6 tomorrow if my legs have recovered. Quite pleased with today's run still room for improvement.

Photos online from today
    http://www.digitalfeel.co.uk/portfolio27478p1.html

** More photos: Khider took loads of photos of this race if you want pics of yourself email him at the address below. He sent me half a dozen today free of charge. He does not upload them to his website.

email: [email protected]