Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BOFRA Presentation - Morecambe

Re: BOFRA Presentation - Morec

Quote Originally Posted by A.G View Post
    Oh right, I thought you'd just thought:

'I knew I was out of shape.....but being beaten by AG....!'

I think it was because Helm Hill isn't really technical like the first 3, so I had the edge in terms of pure fitness.

Incidentally, when you are running at your best at the shorter FRA races, what kind of raw 10k speed do you reckon you have? I think by concentrating exclusively on the technical side last year I neglected the flat speed and came un-stuck on occasions. I'm concentrating this winter on getting my 10k PB under 33 mins before i start the summer fell season.
    I think I thought that you thought that I would be thinking that, but really i wasn't.......although having said that I think you're right and you did whoop my ass!

Were you well clear or was that the one where somebody got away on the faster running across the top towards the final descent?

Dunno about flat speed - have only ever done 2 10k's and they were 13 years apart!! I reckon you'd piss getting under 33mins so next year, if you plan to do the series, we'll have some reet battles!

Ted Mason on the dance floor.....need I say anymore? What a legend!

congratulations on your 3rd placing in the championship AG. Hope you enjoyed the evening and hope to see you again next year possibly relieving Harry H Howgill of his title although im sure that will be no mean fete.
    Ted masons dancing is even more of a spectacle than his dress code at races.

Thumbs up Re: BOFRA Presentation - Morec

Hello everyone.
    Last nights drinking activities are starting to catch up with me now! i have had a sleep this afternoon aswell. It was a fare effort eating breakfast this morning Grifter

Quote Originally Posted by watto View Post
    Hello everyone.
    Last nights drinking activities are starting to catch up with me now! i have had a sleep this afternoon aswell. It was a fare effort eating breakfast this morning Grifter
    ...you keeping it down was of more concern to me on the way back this morning!

Great compere performance as well Grifter - job for many a year there methinks! (I can only believe tho that your timekeeping on the Whisky-shove-quid must have been faulty. Can't believe I lost after having pushed Watto out... )

Anyway, you missed a good recce run this aft Watto...and we ain't gonna tell you the lines we recce'd (...well, s'pose we might! )
    ...there's a hill nearby missing its fool...

Bet some of the kids are asleep at school today - could have saved some money on bedrooms in Morecambe!

Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    Great compere performance as well Grifter - job for many a year there methinks! (...well, s'pose we might! )
    It was...although I found the quiz a little tough!! Roger Ingham was also a star of the mic......

"Am not going to be doing any of the rock and roll tonight as me knees aren't rate."