Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BOFRA Presentation - Morecambe

Re: BOFRA Presentation - Morec

Quote Originally Posted by Timo Austino View Post
    good effort fella - presentation......did you get a top 3 finish?

timo
    Yes, although people like Tom Addison could have beat me if they did 8 races.

BTW, what happened to you after Helm hill? You'd done every one up to then....

Quote Originally Posted by A.G View Post
    Don't get me started on that! They got my name right, but that was about it! I didn't even run at Wasdale! They said I came 3rd there. Even the photo (which they didn't accredit to the photographer either). Our club press officer is on the ball, so yet again it seems the paper doesn't get its facts right.
    Remember that photo they put in of you, Michael, Aaron and Shane? I couldn't stop laughing!

Quote Originally Posted by Heather View Post
    Remember that photo they put in of you, Michael, Aaron and Shane? I couldn't stop laughing!
    The way they had us positioned, It looked like me and Michael were the two proud fathers!

I've been off running for 6 days with cold/flu. Hoping I'll be fit enough to go back into work tomorrow as then I can justify going for a run! (Even though it takes more out of me teaching 5 hours of lessons in a day than going for a 5 mile easy jog!)

Me and the misses have got tickets for this. Just got a couple of questions:

1) Anybody know what the dress code usually is (ladies can you help me out here please to stop me getting in trouble ).

2) Can anybody recommend any other good accommodation as the nominated hotel is fully booked.

Cheers
    Morecambe Tourist Information number is 01524 582808. There are plenty of B & B's on the prom. Whereabouts in Morecambe is the do?

Alternatively there are a few hotels in Lancaster which is about a £12 taxi ride after midnight

Feet in the Cowclaps

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    Whereabouts in Morecambe is the do?
    The Carleton Inn

Quote Originally Posted by Feet in the Cowclaps View Post
    The Carleton Inn
    I thought it might be. I went there at Christmas for my partners works do and it was pretty poor. I hope AG hasnt ordered the salmon I did go to a presentation evening there in June and it was a bit better.

AG, if you need a taxi to get to your hotel ask one of the doormen to order one for you. That is much preferrable to wandering round the west end of Morecambe at that time of night.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    I thought it might be. I went there at Christmas for my partners works do and it was pretty poor. I hope AG hasnt ordered the salmon I did go to a presentation evening there in June and it was a bit better.

AG, if you need a taxi to get to your hotel ask one of the doormen to order one for you. That is much preferrable to wandering round the west end of Morecambe at that time of night.
    I have been to this presentation evening for the last 7 or 8 years and it has been excellant on each occasion.

BTW, what happened to you after Helm hill? You'd done every one up to then....
    just the usual http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attention-Deficit_Disorder

hope to make it a season long campaign next year so I feel so good battles coming along!!

Oh right, I thought you'd just thought:

'I knew I was out of shape.....but being beaten by AG....!'

I think it was because Helm Hill isn't really technical like the first 3, so I had the edge in terms of pure fitness.

Incidentally, when you are running at your best at the shorter FRA races, what kind of raw 10k speed do you reckon you have? I think by concentrating exclusively on the technical side last year I neglected the flat speed and came un-stuck on occasions. I'm concentrating this winter on getting my 10k PB under 33 mins before i start the summer fell season.